Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s

ubaid88 said:
Yes FaceTime is working Thanks everyone, who ever contributed in this.

And its with my plist? And yes, all credit goes to everyone as a group. Almost all users who have posted here a few times have contributed.

New pack coming tonight, as well as updating guide for it.

I want also to thank everybody at this topic and especially bkribbbs who start this project and it give me an answer in the question "which laptop to buy?"

PS Does the tapping on the trackpad working ok at your machines? to me sometimes is clicking with a simple touch and sometimes I hit it so hard and make my fingers pain and is not clicking at all.

No, tapping works fine for me, not sure whats happening to you. You have it enabled in trackpad in system preferences right?

blueking said:
No, tapping works fine for me, not sure whats happening to you. You have it enabled in trackpad in system preferences right?

Yes the settings looks ok. I'll check again.

Alright.

Also, does anyone have the card reader working? And what about PCIe?

EDIT: Just added a thanks section in the second post, please see it.

I am now editing the guide for installation with pack v2.3 which supports 10.7.0 and 10.7.1. It adds DSDT patching, and a new boot loader and smbios.plist which will enable FaceTime.

EDIT2: Also, just added a need to know section for updating from one pack to another, as well as updating the update section. Just adding the pack and then done!

Can a few people read it and see what they think? Flaws anywhere?

EDIT4: I can't upload on kexts.com, so I am now using dropbox.

EDIT5: Links added. v2.3 released! It adds the FaceTime fix and DSDT. Read the update section to use it.

blueking said:
ubaid88 said:
Yes FaceTime is working Thanks everyone, who ever contributed in this.

And its with my plist? And yes, all credit goes to everyone as a group. Almost all users who have posted here a few times have contributed.

New pack coming tonight, as well as updating guide for it.
Yes I downloaded your plist file.

ubaid88 said:

Sweet! I put it in the pack. So hopefully everyone else gets the same results.

Guys, feedback on the edits to the guide and the new pack?

Added a link section.

blueking said:
ubaid88 said:

Sweet! I put it in the pack. So hopefully everyone else gets the same results.

Guys, feedback on the edits to the guide and the new pack?

Added a link section.

If anyone deserve appreciation. It is you. I really appreciate your dedications and determination for making 4530s as good as macbook. :clap:

I hope in future we get fully functional trackpad and bluetooth.

Thanks. But I couldn't do it by myself.

Bluetooth I think might happen, as well as hdmi audio. But I don't think trackpads are getting much love.

Has anyone actually made a FaceTime call?

EDIT: People that used my latest pack or new smbios.plist to make FaceTime work, see if you can actually make a call and have it connect.

blueking said:
Also, does anyone have the card reader working? And what about PCIe?

No they are not working. The PCIe bus is been recognized from the system, there are three slotss avaliable, but there are no drivers installed. (what we can put on them?)

The card reader is not been seeing by the system profiler at all. The point is what type is our card reader. For sure is not USB but it could be PCI, PCMCI, or ATA. I try to run the lspci but it return me an error even if I run it from the OSXTOOLS it returns the same error.
I already tried various kexts that I found, but with no result. Actually one of them made my installation unboot able and I had to take my HDD out and connected to another Mac in order to get rid of that kext. But first We need to know what type is our reader and if there is any MacBook with the same type of reader so you can get a kext from there to test it.
I do not know if there is exist such a MacBook because the most of them they are using USB card readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back