Contribute
Register

Install Chimera over Chameleon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi arikstress....yes I did...but that would not change the fact that Chameleon itself is not updated.
I also tried the Chameleon Wizard (Update & replace boot1h) but no luck.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the install method?

Edit: I figured out a couple of things (has been a long time since I tinkered with my SL)
I get the following message when I read the Chameleon logfile:
There is an existing Chameleon installation on /dev/rdisk0s1.... which is on an earlier partition so it won't work unless I remove and re-install the bootloader

But when I remove boot from the hidden EFI and install Chimera I can't get to the bootloader screen (b1f: error)...
In addition booting with USB Chimera comes up with "mach_kernel not found" error...

Any hints?

colymore said:
Hi arikstress....yes I did...but that would not change the fact that Chameleon itself is not updated.
I also tried the Chameleon Wizard (Update & replace boot1h) but no luck.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the install method?

Edit: I figured out a couple of things (has been a long time since I tinkered with my SL)
I get the following message when I read the Chameleon logfile:
There is an existing Chameleon installation on /dev/rdisk0s1.... which is on an earlier partition so it won't work unless I remove and re-install the bootloader

But when I remove boot from the hidden EFI and install Chimera I can't get to the bootloader screen (b1f: error)...
In addition booting with USB Chimera comes up with "mach_kernel not found" error...

Any hints?

did you installed boot loader to your *hidden* EFI Partition ?
may be this would be help. since i'm not installing boot loader into my hidden EFI Partition.

Managed to get this straight after few nights of learning/tinkering.... :crazy:

This is on a oldie abit ip35-e board (non-AHCI bios) upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2
I was booting 10.6.8 with Chameleon 2.0 RC5 on the hidden efi partition.
Had success when upgraded Chameleon to 2.1 r1684 (that moved boot to Lion partition).
Then went over and installed Chimera 1.6.0... and it was all nice.

From what I see until now Chameleon Wizard 3.2.3 works very nice with Chimera 1.6.0 :clap:

dpsuperfly said:
However, Chameleon actually installs the bootloader on the secret EFI partition. Thus, re-installing Chimera will not work. Chimera installer only installs on the SL partition not the EFI partition.
I'm running into this issue aswell, so... is there a way to remove Chameleon from the EFI partition?

update:
apparently after choosing OSX in the windows bootloader, it wanted to boot from an old disk (which apparently has a OSX bootloader on it) which booted me into Chameleon

Once I figured that out, I now use the EFI bootmenu to choose the OSX disk or windows disk
which works fine, untill I figure out how to set windows as default in chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back