Contribute
Register

[initial success] Skull Canyon NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be something wrong with config_nuc6_sc.plist. When replacing the old nuc_6.plist with this one and renaming to config.plist I can't boot anymore. Around halfway through the progress bar it just turns black. I can boot with the USB, though. So I guess I'll put the old plist back for now until we find what's wrong with the new one.
EDIT: I tried config_nuc6.plist as well and the screen goes black too. Luckily config_install_nuc6.plist still works, so I'll keep that in place for now.

Did you also get all SSDT files into ACPI/patched?

Please provide details..

Boot verbose... show photo. And provide EFI/Clover (strip 'themes', compress as ZIP).

By the way, "sudo ./mount_efi.sh /" doesn't seem to work here, so I use clover configurator to mount the EFI.

Make sure you didn't end up with a CoreStorage setup (google 'core storage revert', and check 'diskutil list').

"diskutil cs list" gave me "No CoreStorage logical volume groups found"
But it says "sudo: ./mount_efi.sh: command not found"
I'll post a screenshot of the ssdt files in patched:
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 02.45.46.png

And I'll try to catch the verbose screen when booting with the config_nuc6_sc.plist
Should I make another IOReg copy too?

image.jpeg

Sorry about the poor quality but I couldn't take a photo at the right time so I took a video instead. It's pretty hard to read that way.

"diskutil cs list" gave me "No CoreStorage logical volume groups found"
But it says "sudo: ./mount_efi.sh: command not found"

You have to be in the ~/Projects/nuc.git directory to use ./mount_efi.sh (because that's where the file is).

I'll post a screenshot of the ssdt files in patched:View attachment 199231

Need actual EFI/Clover as ZIP (remove themes).

This without the Broadcom Bluetooth dongle connected:
image.jpeg

View attachment 199234
Sorry about the poor quality but I couldn't take a photo at the right time so I took a video instead. It's pretty hard to read that way.

Looks like a graphics problem... may need to try a different ig-platform-id.

But we'll make that call after I have a chance to look at EFI/Clover.

Here's a zipped EFI/Clover:

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 78
Here's a zipped EFI/Clover:

Looks good... like is a graphics problem. Experiment with different ig-platform-id values to see which ones work:

- remove ACPI/patched/SSDT-IGPU.aml
- update to config.plist from repo
- change config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- try as is... ig-platform-id=0x19160000 (that is what you were using previously)
- you can change to others via the Clover options (you could even try 0x193b0000 or 0x193b0005 or 0x193b0006)

Assuming you find one that works, and you find the best one... we'll adopt it in SSDT-IGPU.aml and go back to Injecdt/Intel=false.

Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow, got to get some sleep now...

Following intently. I've had great success with every compatible NUC that has released, and I plan on getting a Skull Canyon when the path has been blazed.

THANK YOU for your pioneering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back