Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The guide on installing mountain lion doesn't seem to make sense to me. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)

So after purchasing Mountain Lion, you create a USB thumb drive for Unibeast.

But what do you do with the Purchase of mountain lion. No where in the instructions does it say what to do with it. it doesn't say to make a bootable thumb drive with it. It pretty must just says have it downloaded.

Can someone explain what I'm missing please?

The guide on installing mountain lion doesn't seem to make sense to me. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)

So after purchasing Mountain Lion, you create a USB thumb drive for Unibeast.

But what do you do with the Purchase of mountain lion. No where in the instructions does it say what to do with it. it doesn't say to make a bootable thumb drive with it. It pretty must just says have it downloaded.

Can someone explain what I'm missing please?

Unibeast uses it to create your USB flash drive, which you then use for installing.

Yes you buy Mountain Lion then download unibeast and follow the guide you posted to make your usb stick. But you need a mac to do this. Or another osx install at least.

unibeast requires the mountain lion download is in the applications folder on the real mac. It uses the download to create your thumb drive.

step 1. download ml, make sure its in the applications folder
step 2. start unibeast and follow the instructions.

These tools are very user friendly once you actually get into it.

i did this bout 2 years ago. but i couldnt get it working and now i started again im running into the same problem. i have the ML in my APP folder i run unibeast and it says 7.7MB file and it runs and takes like 10 seconds and just bout 8MB is written on the Flash drive. i dont know what seem to be the problem either. ive been looking a videos and guides here and on YT. no luck

Hi mate you check my youtube channel tom and i do a video for you on how to make the usb stick :)

Hi mate the video is up for you on my youtube:)

unibeast requires the mountain lion download is in the applications folder on the real mac. It uses the download to create your thumb drive.

step 1. download ml, make sure its in the applications folder
step 2. start unibeast and follow the instructions.

These tools are very user friendly once you actually get into it.

This should really be in the guide and seems somewhat random to me. Other programs for making bootable usb installers tend to have a browse option for the disk image such as UNebootin. Thank you cruizinmax btw for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back