Graphics
GTX 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would love some advice on a Low Profile Graphics Card 1 slot PCIe x16. Right now I have a NVS310 that works well, but looking for an upgrade.

Anything out there that will work OOB for Yosemite?

Thanks!

Perfect timing... I was just about to ask this exact same question... Any thoughts on something tested and working for 10.9 (that doesn't take up 2 slots)?

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB (Gigabyte Graphics Cards GV-N75TOC-2GL) is a low profile card, but it does take two slots in width. I didn't buy this specifically for a Hackintosh, it was for my HTPC, but I think it should work using the current "experimental" Nvidia drivers (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html).

Just for the record, the card you mentioned is a GTX 750, not a GTX 750 Ti. And it does work with the downloadable nVidia drivers, it's what's running in my Hackintosh now.

The highest-end single slot low profile card I could find is a GTX 740: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500340. There are quite a few Geforce 610's and 210's out there as well, and a few Fermi 520's.

Thanks for the recommendation. I picked one up, we'll see how it works...

After installing the Geforce GT 740, the graphics are working wonderfully, however, I'm not getting any HDMI audio. I've gone through so many of the "Guides" for HD audio and can't find one that works. Any thoughts?

I would love some advice on a Low Profile Graphics Card 1 slot PCIe x16. Right now I have a NVS310 that works well, but looking for an upgrade.

Anything out there that will work OOB for Yosemite?

Thanks!

Hello brother

May I know finally have tou success to use this card to install the Yosemite??

Thank you~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back