Contribute
Register

IMPORTANT Darkwake=0 Flag can break auto-sleep in 10.8.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you give up on auto-sleeping make sure, too, that the system is actually allowed to sleep. You can check this with the command "pmset -g assertions" in Terminal. If any of the counts, e.g. ApplePushServiceTask, BackgroundTask, are not zero and there is a section titled "Listed by owning process" the system will not auto-sleep. This is correct and it's the case on a real Mac, too.

On my (Asus Sabertooth p67 m/b)Setup. Now i see why I can't get sleep to work, thanks, now if there is a way to fix this...
p.s. Not trying to high jack thread was just happy to learn this info.

2/23/13 1:28:40 PM PST
Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 1<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Listed by owning process:
pid 732(helpd): [0x0000000c0000038d] 00:24:02 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

Kernel Assertions: 0x0004
* Kernel Assertion ID = 500
Created At = 2/22/13 2:28:32 PM PST
Modified At = 2/22/13 2:33:46 PM PST
Owner ID = 0xffffff802032b000
Level = 255
Assertions Set = None (4)

On my (Asus Sabertooth p67 m/b)Setup. Now i see why I can't get sleep to work, thanks, now if there is a way to fix this...
p.s. Not trying to high jack thread was just happy to learn this info.

2/23/13 1:28:40 PM PST
Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 1<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Listed by owning process:
pid 732(helpd): [0x0000000c0000038d] 00:24:02 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

Kernel Assertions: 0x0004
* Kernel Assertion ID = 500
Created At = 2/22/13 2:28:32 PM PST
Modified At = 2/22/13 2:33:46 PM PST
Owner ID = 0xffffff802032b000
Level = 255
Assertions Set = None (4)

you can use the kill command to kill that task in terminal. This is a temporary fix, but it works. That same process prevents sleep on many real macs too.

To kill it, you would first use pmset -g assertions to find the process id of the task blocking sleep (above it's 732). Then you can type kill -9 PID where the PID is the process id you found earlier. So it would look something like this: kill -9 732. You may need to put sudo in front of the command if you get an "operation not permitted" error. That should let you autosleep.

you can use the kill command to kill that task in terminal. This is a temporary fix, but it works. That same process prevents sleep on many real macs too.

To kill it, you would first use pmset -g assertions to find the process id of the task blocking sleep (above it's 732). Then you can type kill -9 PID where the PID is the process id you found earlier. So it would look something like this: kill -9 732. You may need to put sudo in front of the command if you get an "operation not permitted" error. That should let you autosleep.

Yep, that works, just not a real fix like you said... oh well it's a small thing I can live with on this machine (this one has a Asus Sabertooth p67 m/b) not my main machine. Thanks anyways! It's the nice thing about this site, helpful people always willing to help others.

You're awesome guys!!! I were pulling my hair trying to solve this.

Going back, my rig ( P55-USB3 / i7-860 / GTX 670 ) was working perfectly as a real Mac when was running SL, it was buttery smooth and 100% working. The same goes after upgrading to ML (I just passed lion) except the auto-sleep, this was OK but I started to forget this feeling, when you forget that it's a hackintosh, and act as it was a real Mac ;) this was bugging me. I also hate that fact that I need to send the machine to sleep manually every time I'm going away for a period of time.

I thought it's a DSDT issue with ML because of my 5th series motherboard. Until I came through this discussion, I'm really thankful and happy for having such a great hackintosh community, we're nothing without you.

I tried (darkwake=np), it worked! auto-sleeps, wakes with on click on apply wired keyboard, but wakes with to magic mouse clicks, looks like it reacts differently with USB and BT devices (if any of you experienced 2 clicks with apple BT keyboard).

Here is the MAGIC, set (darkwake=8) and it's totally perfect, auto-sleeps, wakes with single click either with wired keyboard or magic mouse.

One only thing, but it's not a problem for me, just to mention. If I set the sleep timer to anything under 10 minutes (which is too short I knew, just was testing) looks like it will not sleep before 9 or 10 minutes. I just noticed that under "Power" in the system profiler, it says that disk sleep timer is 10 minutes even if the system sleep timer is set to a value less than that, not sure if this is the reason or means anything anyway.

Again thank you sooooo much, it's impressing to have my rig working 100% as a real mac again :D

After no sleep in Snow Leopard and Lion, getting Mountain Lion to sleep finally seemed to work when I told it to (check my posts). But auto sleep did not work until I changed the darkwake to NO. It did take about an extra 60 seconds so be patient!

Changing it to 10 actually made it seem like it took slightly longer. It did auto-sleep but you had to be patient and the disk would finally spin down and the lights would come off. So this might just conclude a bitter end to a 1+ year project.

Whew.

Actually after setting darkwake to no and then to 10 and back to no auto sleep did not work with the no setting. This is after rebooting by the way. My Ps2 keyboard stopped working when I changed it back too. I am on 10 again. Seems slower. Once again it did go all the way down just now... Myeah!

"08" or "8"

My auto sleep seems t work just takes an extra min. When I hit the sleep button on my keyboard it goes right down.

Were you talking to me anyway?

"08" or "8"
"8"

Were you talking to me anyway?
yes ;-)

With that "extra minute" for autosleep, do you mean it doesn´t start exactly according to the energy saving settings?
I have to admit I didn´t check exactly, neither on my hack nor mac.
But I believe to recall people stating that especially on shorter sleep time settings hacks (and macs) are known to be "unprecise".

Or is it just a bunch of background processes that has to be sorted out before the machine can go to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back