Contribute
Register

Important: 10.7.4 and Sandy Bridge CPU PM Temporary Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
discreetlogic said:
Anyone know how to edit the SSDT's for overclocked cpus?

Seems like hexvalues to me

Use the Mac OS calculator view programmer and you shouldn't have any problems adding additional states that correspond to the over clocked values.

I just did the 10.7.4 update. After the update everything started up perfectly - except for my Audio. I tried running multibeast and reinstalled the Rollback driver and the realtek driver. Then rebooted and still no audio.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
:beachball:

lbsimmon said:
I just did the 10.7.4 update. After the update everything started up perfectly - except for my Audio. I tried running multibeast and reinstalled the Rollback driver and the realtek driver. Then rebooted and still no audio.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Dont forget to check that you have the right audio output enabled in System Preferences. Mine reverts after software updates and I have to select the correct one.

H8TR said:
lbsimmon said:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Dont forget to check that you have the right audio output enabled in System Preferences. Mine reverts after software updates and I have to select the correct one.

Thanks! I did check that. It shows Airparrot and Logmein but no other options after update.

I extracted my SSDT using ubuntu but my SSDT doesn't look like anyone else's. Its a grand total of 68 lines. It doesn't say "package" anywhere.

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    258 bytes · Views: 135
H8TR said:
I extracted my SSDT using ubuntu but my SSDT doesn't look like anyone else's. Its a grand total of 68 lines. It doesn't say "package" anywhere.

DefinitionBlock ("ssdt-2.aml", "SSDT", 1, "AMICPU", "PROC", 0x00000001)

You probably have an ssdt-1.aml and maybe even an ssdt.aml. Just a guess one of those will have the "package" statements.

dm5253 said:
H8TR said:

You probably have an ssdt-1.aml and maybe even an ssdt.aml. Just a guess one of those will have the "package" statements.
Attached another SSDT. Got it using
Code:
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic/SSDT2

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    908 bytes · Views: 129
H8TR said:
dm5253 said:
H8TR said:

Attached another SSDT. Got it using
Code:
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic/SSDT2

What do you get if you run an ls -al on /sys/firmware/acpi/tables?

I'll try that when I get back. Though I did realize that with an unlocked ASUS bios, I can simply use nullcpupwm with sleepenabler and get 16 and 34 P-states and still maintain sleep support which is all I really need for now. What I couldn't stand was being locked to 1.6GHz because DropSSDT wouldn't work. I might just wait for TonyMac and MacMan to come up with an easier solution.

Also my normal Geekbench score was in the 9850s with 10.7.3 (and power management) and now its around 10200 with nullcpupwm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back