Contribute
Register

IMPORTANT! 10.11.1 update requires Clover v3292 or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha :D I had updated to that clover version just in case before installing the OSX update, all I had to do was recreating the custom Surface Pro 3 type cover kext!

Cool. Gotta remember this on the PC.

... all I had to do was recreating the custom Surface Pro 3 type cover kext!

An injector kext can probably be created that would survive system updates...

You need to wait for updated Nvidia drivers, or there is a plist you can modify.

That's quite a laptop you have... please provide specs in your profile.

If you have a 9-series, make sure you remove any injector you may have for XHC as it is no longer needed to inject an IOKitPersonality for 8086:8cb1.

Hey RehabMan. I've included my Specs in my signature, sorry for the confusion, I'm running a custom built desktop.
I hadn't initially waited for the Nvidia Web Drivers, but as of these posts, I was, and have been running the new Web Drivers for 10.11.1. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling several times.

As far as the XHC injectors, I'll take a look in the S/L/E folder for any of those. Is there a way I could clean up that extensions folder without going to far? I just want to make sure I'm dealing with the bare necessity kexts. Or is there a system profile I should possibly try other than my own? As of right now, I've been using the iMac 14.2 setup. Should I possibly try any of the MacPro setups?

Thanks

**revised** My basic information isn't posting for some reason, here's a copy and paste.

Asus Maximus VII Formula Z97 w/ Thunderbolt - Clover UEFI Bootloader r3292
CPUEdit Value i7 4970K
GraphicsEdit Value Nvidia GTX 970 x2 SLI
Other HardwareEdit Value 32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung 850 500GB SSD x2
Drive 1 - Windows 10
Drive 2 - Mac OS X El Capitan

Last edited:
Hey RehabMan. I've included my Specs in my signature,

I see no specs in signature. Just a desktop in your profile...

sorry for the confusion, I'm running a custom built desktop.

This forum is laptop only. Desktop questions should be posted in the appropriate desktop forum.

Thanks God my clover already 3292 before yesterday.
Is it save to use xcpm bootflag and apply kernelpm true on ivy? Also I already apply pmpatch on securecore tiano bios.

Thanks God my clover already 3292 before yesterday.
Is it save to use xcpm bootflag and apply kernelpm true on ivy? Also I already apply pmpatch on securecore tiano bios.

If you have PM patched BIOS you didn't need to worry about v3292. And since you're using Ivy, no need for -xcpm if your system works without. And no need for KernelPm if you did decide to use -xcpm because you don't have locked MSR 0xE2 due to use of Pmpatched BIOS.

I tried to update my Dell XPS 13 (Early 2015 model) and restarted the machine as instructed but the system is not updated and the App Store still asks to restart the machine. I tried 3 times, the same result.

Anyone ran into the same problem? I am on Clover r3292.

I tried to update my Dell XPS 13 (Early 2015 model) and restarted the machine as instructed but the system is not updated and the App Store still asks to restart the machine. I tried 3 times, the same result.

Anyone ran into the same problem? I am on Clover r3292.

After the restart you need to boot the installer/updater. It will be a separate option from Clover.

After the restart you need to boot the installer/updater. It will be a separate option from Clover.

Did not see the option. In the first screenshot, the first option is boot OS X from HDD, the second boot from recovery

Do I need to boot with the USB installer? Or Do I need to press some key to bring up the option? Or it is an option I did not install when installing Clover?

Attachments

• clover_1.jpg
    clover_1.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 110
  • clover_2.jpg
    clover_2.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 110
  • clover_3.jpg
    clover_3.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 99
Thanks a lot rehabman, I was tearing my hairs out with lapic, kernelpm, cpus=1 and so on since yesterday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back