Contribute
Register

Immediate Panic GA-Z68XP-UD3 UEFI (U1g) and Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, progress?

After using UniBeast with the Legacy USB Support option enabled I seem to make it through the initialization phase.

Now, the most mysterious thing happens.

After the gray screen with the Apple logo passes, my monitor turns black and then enters sleep mode.

I have tried -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRoot=0.

How the heck am I supposed to diagnose any issues with a black screen? :)

We are making progress! Your tab is going up!

So far:

Looks like I fat fingered PCIRootUID=0 early in the process. Plugged USB stick in to laptop and edited the boot plist to default the PCIRootUID to 0 so I do not forget it.

Installer came up.

Whenever I try to use disk utility to initialize anything the application beach balls, exits and the installer returns. So that's pretty neat. I swapped the drive for an already initialized drive and the installer appears to be working.

beansandrice has been a marvelous help.

Male sure that you have deleted the DSDT file from UniBeast located in Extra floder, I faced same problem of immediate KP and solved after deleted all DSDT file from unibeast and if you are using multibeast dont select any DSDT files.

That's a good idea. One of the things I tried was removing all but FakeSMC from Extras on the USB stick. Also make sure that when installing over an old system to remove old kexts.

I have the same Mainboard and the same Problem with the screen turning black....

how did you solve this Problem?

And sry for being a total noob... how can I change the boot-sequence so that I can type commands like "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRoot=0" ?

edit: okay...before choosing USB or Mountain-Lion partition I just can type stuff into a console...by just typing... managed that so far

edit 2: I think I solved my Problem....
At first in UEFI i selected optimized settings, than changed to AHCI. save reebot.
While being in the Unibeast Modus first select the Mountain-Lion partition... then type "PCIRootUID=0" and hit Enter.... I bootet to the Configuration Screen of Mountain-Lion... and so far... it works...

THANKS tonymacx and SuFu :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back