Contribute
Register

Immediate Kernel Panic in High Sierra Install. What does this stack trace mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Z420
CPU
Xeon E5-2670
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm pretty new to hackintosh still, my first attempt last year was unsuccessful. I got a new video card this week and decided to try again. The new card is a Vega 64 and I want that OOB support. Today I made it to the desktop on Sierra, but the upgrade path to HS gave me the same kernel panics as trying to install HS directly.

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[...
com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(6.1)[...
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[...
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMCRTC(1.0)[...
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[...
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(3.1.9)[...

The only insight I gained from this is that there is a huge page of Acpi options in the clover configurator that might be relevant and I have no idea what any of them do. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

System is an HP z420 with Xeon E5-2670 and Radeon Vega 64. Everything else excepting my 256gb ssd, keyboard, and mouse have been disconnected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 8.29.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 8.29.38 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 640
A bit more context: I'm using the config.plist and kexts from here: https://github.com/NTT123/Hackintosh-HP-Z420-MacOS-Sierra-10.12.3

That enabled me into Sierra quickly, but I haven't figured out how to modify that setup to load High Sierra.

I've tried removing all the kexts and the error is the same, so they haven't caused any problems by the time the kernel panic starts. I've added and removed a ton of random options and fixes clover, but none have made any difference so far.

How else could I provide some insight? I've got blurry video of the logs rolling down my screen - Is there a text version of that somewhere I could paste here? I'm really out of ideas.

Follow the unibeast 8 guide with up to date kexts, not FakeSMC from >9 months ago.

I just went through the Unibeast 8 guide again with today's 8.1 release and no external stuff, just npci=0x2000. Still the same issue. Last line, or maybe second to last line before a kernel trap says:
ACPI: Executed 1 blocks of module-level executable AML code.

That's right at the bottom of the pictures, everything is blurry after that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 3.09.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 3.09.02 PM.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 465
Last edited:
I just went through the Unibeast 8 guide again with today's 8.1 release and no external stuff, just npci=0x2000. Still the same issue. Last line, or maybe second to last line before a kernel trap says:
ACPI: Executed 1 blocks of module-level executable AML code.

That's right at the bottom of the pictures, everything is blurry after that.
  • Hard to diagnose as its is a Proprietary MoBO [HP modified through BIOS]
  • Upload your CLOVER from the installer as a compressed file to find any clues to the problem

no one found a solution to this? i have the same issue on a z820

Same here on Latitude 5580 (kabylake i7). Any updates?

Same here on z620 2x 2660 v1
With high sierra, maybe my ssdt (good for elcapitan and Sierra) are not good enought?

Same here. Dell T3610 with E5-1607v2.

Same for me: High Sierra Dell Optiplex 9020 i7 4770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back