Contribute
Register

iMessage Registration error - DIFFERENT iMessage error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H55m-S2V
CPU
i3> Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone else encountered this error? I have had fully functioning iMessage since day one upgrade, but all of a sudden I have THIS issue...

"iMessage Registration

Apple needs more information to complete your iMessage registration. Please call AppleCare in your country (listed below) and provide them with the following validation code:

5766-9224-9661"

I am concerned about calling AppleCare with this error code - any one have any better luck?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-01 at 9.45.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-01 at 9.45.09 PM.png
    63 KB · Views: 704
I got the same error message a few days ago.
First I regenerated the serial of my hackintosh and then changed my AppleID password. But that didn't solve the issue.
The problem went away when I tried to buy an app on my iPhone: it asked me to reenter my billing info. After that I was able to log back into iMessage.

I also tried to call AppleCare, I described my problem and the person on the phone was able to tell me which of my computers (model and year) were currently connected (a little scary). I was then transferred to someone else who asked me for the serial number of my computer and I bailed as I don't want to risk to get my account banned from Apple services for breaking the EULA.

Has anyone else found a non-AppleCare solution to this error?

This is happening on my machine and it's is AppleID specific (that is, I can use *other* AppleIDs on my machine and iMessage works without a hitch) ... and, sadly, for my primary AppleID I keep getting this message.

I even called AppleCare, went through the validation route with them and they told me it was "fine now". But it's not.

Any hints?

I can't comment on multiple AppleIDs...

My error seems to have resolved. However, I simply turned my computer off for a week on vacation, and upon return it was functioning...

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Ugh. I did a full re-install just to be safe ... tried my wife's AppleID first -- logged in with no issue. Did my own: got that message again with a new validation code.

Sigh. I am not sure what is going on. I wish I had another Mac Laptop to test this out with that I haven't already activated it on ... then, if I got the message, I could call Apple again with a real Serial number.

I encountered the same iMessage problem with Maverick after successfully running it on M/L - What worked for me is this - Logged out of iMessage on my other devices e.g iPhone for ten minutes or so, Logged back into iMessage on my iPhone then iMessage on Mavericks and it worked - weird I know.

I encountered the same iMessage problem with Maverick after successfully running it on M/L - What worked for me is this - Logged out of iMessage on my other devices e.g iPhone for ten minutes or so, Logged back into iMessage on my iPhone then iMessage on Mavericks and it worked - weird I know.

Thanks for that suggestion!

How did you "log out" on your iPhone? Did you just un-select "iMessage" from within Settings::Messages ? Or did you do something under iCloud?

Thanks!

Thanks for that suggestion!

How did you "log out" on your iPhone? Did you just un-select "iMessage" from within Settings::Messages ? Or did you do something under iCloud?

Thanks!

On iphone - Settings -Message - toggle the slider to off, leave for 10mins or so then log back into iMessage on iPhone by sliding the toggle to ON - you may have to sign back in to iMessage on the phone using your apple ID. Like I said this method worked for me.

On iphone - Settings -Message - toggle the slider to off, leave for 10mins or so then log back into iMessage on iPhone by sliding the toggle to ON - you may have to sign back in to iMessage on the phone using your apple ID. Like I said this method worked for me.

I thought I had it! But then the error came back. What got me excited was that when I first signed in, it flipped and showed me all my linked AppleID accounts (gmail, iCloud, iPhone #) ... before, it wasn't showing me my iPhone number ... then, just when I thought I had it, the message came up.

This time, I'm going to try - Settings::Messages::Send & Receive::AppleID::Sign Out ... leave that off for a little bit and then try again.

No luck with that method either. My mother in law is coming tonight and she has a MacBook. I'm going to try my luck on that and see if it's my Hackintosh that's been flagged or my account somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back