Contribute
Register

iMessage Registration error - DIFFERENT iMessage error

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck with that method either. My mother in law is coming tonight and she has a MacBook. I'm going to try my luck on that and see if it's my Hackintosh that's been flagged or my account somehow.

Here is another method you can try - Change your apple ID by adding a couple of extra digits at the end (something easy that you will remember like a memorable year etc). Don't know how true but I read somewhere that the apple servers sees IDs on non apple products as 'Soft IDs' and gets somewhat lost when hackintosh builds log into iCloud, App Store, iMessage etc, how true this is I don't know but others who had the problem 'Call Apple Message' solved it by just changing their ID login - Ive seen that method worked for some others in the forum here. Good Luck.

How do you change the ID?

How do you change the ID?

Sorry - I meant the password, just add a few digits at the end of the one you normally use implementing a change. Once the new password is accepted, log out on your other apple products i.e iPhone for 10 minutes or so, log back in on iPhone then try logging into iMessage on the hack it should get rid of the 'Call Customer Service' message popup. Hopefully if successful carry on and set up FaceTime as well. Good Luck.

Has anyone else encountered this error? I have had fully functioning iMessage since day one upgrade, but all of a sudden I have THIS issue...

"iMessage Registration

Apple needs more information to complete your iMessage registration. Please call AppleCare in your country (listed below) and provide them with the following validation code:

5766-9224-9661"

I am concerned about calling AppleCare with this error code - any one have any better luck?

I had this error and Apple Support was able to resolve it with my MacBook serial number - something in the iMessage system is hung up and they were able to clear it on their end... I know that is not helpful but you are not completely stuck if you have an Apple computer of any sort you can call in and use.

Simply click on forgot password and change your password, DONE!!!!

I have the exact same issue right now on 10.9.4. All was fine on 10.9.0, but yesterday I updated to 10.9.4 and this hapenned. And I can login using a different AppleID, but when I try with my main one it doesn't work. Tried changing my password twice, that didn't resolve my issue. Can anyone help?

I just had the same error message pop up after enabling two-step verification for my account. Called support, they didn't even ask for a serial number, they just went ahead and cleared it for me.

For everyone too scared to call apple, it really works. I called them, and when they asked for a serial, I gave them my hackintosh serial. They didn't seemed surprised at all (they thought it was a real iMac). I gave them the customer code and it works like a charm now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back