Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> iMessage on Mac works, but only via iCloud email, phone number missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

My iMessage has been working for a few years perfectly fine, but a few days ago, randomly, it stopped working.

Upon further investigation, I've seen that on the Messages settings, it says "you can be reached for messages at" and my iCloud email address is ticked, but my mobile number is missing.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hi all

My iMessage has been working for a few years perfectly fine, but a few days ago, randomly, it stopped working.

Upon further investigation, I've seen that on the Messages settings, it says "you can be reached for messages at" and my iCloud email address is ticked, but my mobile number is missing.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

First thing to try ...

On your iPhone, go to Settings and scroll down to Messages. Tap this and on the next screen check if the iMessage toggle is green or not. If it is, then slide it off, wait a short while then slide it on again. Your PC should then notify you that such-and-such phone number has been added to iMessage. Accept this.

:)

First thing to try ...

On your iPhone, go to Settings and scroll down to Messages. Tap this and on the next screen check if the iMessage toggle is green or not. If it is, then slide it off, wait a short while then slide it on again. Your PC should then notify you that such-and-such phone number has been added to iMessage. Accept this.

:)
Thank you! This fixed it - I had to go to my iPhone, settings, messages, and when I tapped 'Send and receive messages at', it wasn't signed into iCloud!

Signed into iCloud and my Mac then said a new device had been added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back