Contribute
Register

Imessage Not working after upgrading to Mavericks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just after Mavericks Upgrade and deletion of existing Extra (after backup from 10.8.5) I was getting an error on activation prompting to try again later.

Did all the delete Network plists and connections, and the rest with no results.

Went the vram plist/module route by just restoring the ones in my backuped extra from 10.8.5 and ran on the contact Apple Support Message.

Changed password, same.

Then I remembered somewhere back in the ML days stating try to log from a real mac or iOS device. From the pwd change, had to reactivate iMessage on my AppleID on my iPhone. Back on the Hackintosh, Activation failed for this AppleID message gave way to full activation.

iMessage, iCloud, Facetime and Stores back up and running 100% with Chimera

So, basically, what you're saying is that the definitive solution for the "Call Apple Support" error, is a two-step method involving:

1. Changing AppleID password
2. Log out and back in to iMessage service from another legitimate device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac)

Then you should be able to bypass the bloody "Call Apple Support" error?

Because I'm running into the same exact problem.
And, without having changed the password, logging out and back in to iMessage on my Mac, iPhone, and/or iPad, won't change a thing.

Chamaleon 2266
FileNVRam.dylib 1.1.3 with correct NVRAM fields
Upgraded from 10.8.5 with connection to iMessage to 10.9 and lost connection to iMessage

So, basically, what you're saying is that the definitive solution for the "Call Apple Support" error, is a two-step method involving:

1. Changing AppleID password
2. Log out and back in to iMessage service from another legitimate device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac)

Then you should be able to bypass the bloody "Call Apple Support" error?

Because I'm running into the same exact problem.
And, without having changed the password, logging out and back in to iMessage on my Mac, iPhone, and/or iPad, won't change a thing.

Chamaleon 2266
FileNVRam.dylib 1.1.3 with correct NVRAM fields
Upgraded from 10.8.5 with connection to iMessage to 10.9 and lost connection to iMessage

Well I don't know what fileNVRam.dylib version I have as said, I copied from my 10.8.5 Extra folder the following:

A File named "nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-00241d106c1c.plist" and the FileNVRAM.dylib withouth having a clue of its version I have no clue when this was added into it as I usually keep an eye on my Extra folder but it was there.

So yeah, pretty much, changed password, got contact support message, went to my iPhone, activated iMessage again for that AppleID and back on the hackintosh I was good to go.

Download FileNVRam 1.1.2 from http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/
its under the archives folder - For some reason 1.1.3 didn't work
Put the .dylib file in Extra/Modules folder on your drive
Reboot and sign in to iMessage
This worked for me!!

Reference - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286563-filenvram-113-released/

I have an even stranger issue, obviously I am unable to get the iMessage working with either method mentioned here and after doing some research I finally found out that it is my UUID that is invalid, (or blocked at apple). So I tried changing the UUID by using Chameleon Wizard, text edit, and other methods and when I reboot, the same UUID is there, it doesn't change. Did a fresh install of Mavericks, (making sure I deleted and recreated the partition)... guess what, same damn UUID appears in System Report instead of the generic one generated by the installation, and strangely enough, when you edit the SMBios file, the generic UUID is there. Even weirder, I reboot the machine using an older version of clover, (the one that iMessage was working %100 percent), and I boot to my old drive with mountain lion, and guess what? The same error message when trying to get to iMessage, and long behold, guess who is there on the System Report? The same damn UUID, how the heck did that get across separate partitions and versions of installs is beyond me. My only theory is that Apple some how found a way to permanently register that UUID on my computer hardware so I won't be able to use iMessage on this build, or any builds. (by the way it works fine on my MBP, and all my other idevices).

every mb has a code id code. regardless if you change os. (win .or osx.) the id still the same. its like a house you can't change the number. name you could but not the unit id on mb

I could be wrong (and I probably am), but isn't the UUID generated from your motherboard/hardware? IDK It is weird that it was working before and you can't get it to work no. I'll Google around and see what else I can find…

Oppps… I suppose I should read the other posts first! Angel said more or less the same thing!!:)

I'm not what you'd call a skilled hackntosher... any chance you could put it all in steps and send me a pm me? I've never had trouble with Lion or mountain Lion but then again I just got hardware that worked i.e my Probook 4530s and built the desktop parts. I've only ever had to do a but of Uni/Multibeast and thats it. Although weirdest thing, I could not get the UniBeast 3.0 to work until about 10 attempts and on my ProBook I had to go into -v to get the UB drive up and installing....still won't do it on my deskhack???

Cheers

Emmy.

sorry i dont have enough posts to do PM's just tried to sent you one. and i couldnt..

are you trying to install mavericks on a probook? or trying to get imessage to work on it?

Download FileNVRam 1.1.2 from http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/
its under the archives folder - For some reason 1.1.3 didn't work
Put the .dylib file in Extra/Modules folder on your drive
Reboot and sign in to iMessage
This worked for me!!

Reference - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286563-filenvram-113-released/

Mmmhh, quite an interesting post, I'll give it a try ;)

I have an even stranger issue, obviously I am unable to get the iMessage working with either method mentioned here and after doing some research I finally found out that it is my UUID that is invalid, (or blocked at apple). So I tried changing the UUID by using Chameleon Wizard, text edit, and other methods and when I reboot, the same UUID is there, it doesn't change. Did a fresh install of Mavericks, (making sure I deleted and recreated the partition)... guess what, same damn UUID appears in System Report instead of the generic one generated by the installation, and strangely enough, when you edit the SMBios file, the generic UUID is there. Even weirder, I reboot the machine using an older version of clover, (the one that iMessage was working %100 percent), and I boot to my old drive with mountain lion, and guess what? The same error message when trying to get to iMessage, and long behold, guess who is there on the System Report? The same damn UUID, how the heck did that get across separate partitions and versions of installs is beyond me. My only theory is that Apple some how found a way to permanently register that UUID on my computer hardware so I won't be able to use iMessage on this build, or any builds. (by the way it works fine on my MBP, and all my other idevices).

Guess what... I'm on the same road as you, I mean the same "thoughts processing", by looking deeper into IOPlatformUUID and NVRam registers.

So, what I tested so far:

-Boot, and try to login to iMessage, receive 'Call Apple Support'
-Change NVRam MLB Value to a 18 digits number instead of a 17 digits number (or the contrary depending on the SMSerial you're using)
-Try to login to iMessage, first attemp NO-GO (seems to wait for some anwser from the serveur which never comes...)
-Try to login to iMessage, second attemp, Message is telling me I'm connected, I can see all the addresses I can be reached at (also my Phone Number), I can add/delete any address I want, BUT GUESS WHAT? -> I CAN'T SEND A BLOODY MESSAGE! :lol:

-Change SystemId key in org.chameleon.boot.plist to a custom made one, as to change the NVRam IOPlatormUUID register to a "non-blacklisted" one (at least that's what I thought)
-Reboot, verifiy changes have been made into NVRam registers
-Try to login to iMessage, receive the bloody 'Call Apple Support" message

BTW: I think iMessage, or ANY other Apple service, cannot be bound by Hardware UUID, because if it was so, I could login for example on any other iMessage working Hackintosh... and THAT'S NOT THE CASE.
There definitely IS something between "AppleID/NVRam MLB register/IOPlatformUUID"...

I setup 3 different Hackintoshes (including mine) for the last month, the two others having a 100% working iMessage (with NVRam 1.1.3 BTW), with perfectly set NVRAM registers (all different from each other Hackintosh), and I STILL CAN'T LOGIN! (could be on any other Hackintosh, still the same)

I also tries the flollowing famous "fixes":
-Removing/re-Adding credit Card
-Log out from iMessage on all my other Apple devices, then log back in on those devices, then log back in with the Hack

The ONLY thing I didn't try was to change my password... I don't want to change it wihtout being SURE it REALLY DOES something... (yeah I've 3 other Apple Devices, it's a bit annoying...)

Last word, I think we're on the right track, but something's missing here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back