Contribute
Register

Imessage Not working after upgrading to Mavericks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

I am running a software raid 0, here's what I ended up doing

I booted 10.9 on a single hard drive installation, I signed into imessage no problem.

I then copied the local /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist to the raid volume.
I also copied the /Extra folder on the local volume to the Boot OS X partitions on each raid drive.
There was an existing nvram file since I already installed the module

Screenshot 2013-11-02 04.35.23.png

Code:
#!/bin/sh

sudo diskutil mount rdisk0s3
sudo rm -rf "/Volumes/Boot OS X/Extra"
sudo cp -R "/Extra" "/Volumes/Boot OS X/Extra"
sudo diskutil unmount rdisk0s3

sudo diskutil mount rdisk1s3
sudo rm -rf "/Volumes/Boot OS X/Extra"
sudo cp -R "/Extra" "/Volumes/Boot OS X/Extra"
sudo diskutil unmount rdisk1s3

Here is the important part!

I believe this is what fixed it. Not positive though, because I made the above changes all at once as well.

I changed the boot-uuid from the Raid Identifier to the Universal System Identifier for the Raid.

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=uuid boot-uuid=3113CC28-7711-327E-8BDD-EF762DA4516A</string>

Screenshot 2013-11-02 04.39.44.png

Also, here is a full copy of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>2560x1600x32</string>
    <key>AtiConfig</key>
    <string>Gibba</string>
    <key>AtiPorts</key>
    <string>5</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>LoginToLion</string>

<key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>rd=uuid boot-uuid=3113CC28-7711-327E-8BDD-EF762DA4516A</string>

<key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

There are also a few things I did earlier which didn't seem to help.

1. I reset my iCloud password
2. I installed platformUUID.kext (didnt seem to affect one way or another)
3. I rebuilt the kernel cache several times
4. Deleted networkinterfaces.plist
5. Tried to set the SystemID as a kernel flag (didn't seem to do anything)
6. Created the SystemID key and string (didn't seem to do anything)

[SUCCESS]
JUST use CHAMALEON r2261. The issue only related to chimera 2.2.1 at the moment. hopefully it will be fixed, but at this time this is the only way i found to fix it.

+1 to this my friend, i did the same with the latest version of chameleon and updated the nvram thing & boom imessage, works... thanks a ton :)

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

This worked like a charm. Although I'd like to point out that I was unable to reuse the same password. It wouldn't allow me to use a password that I have used in the past year. Thanks!

What Worked (for me):

6. hit save.

Worked for me. Thanks a ton!

I just did a new install of Maverick and on a Gigabyte Z87x-UD5 TH.

Got iMessage working by used Chameleon Wizard to edit /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist by adding FileNVRAM.dylib under the Modules tab

You need to click update and then also click install

Hope that help

I got the help from this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78mW8umj38

[solved]

Hello!

I have another problem now. After I’ve got iMessages back to work (by installing Chameleon r2281 and FileNVRAM 1.1.3), the whole Messages app is totally corrupted. It doesn’t show main window with dialog choose after click at all, and there’s no way to show it. The menus have a lot of greyed-out options that can’t be changed (i just don’t remember was it so or not before iMessages problem). Sometimes the app hangs after start for about minute. Sometimes I can get working «New message» window, but with no red closing dot in the left upper corner (only yellow one is active). Does anybody have similar problems?
(Please excuse my English)

Update: imessages sent to me while the app is running doesn’t arrive in any way, only when ap is closed. The answers typed in New Message window doesn’t sent. The only way to sent a message is an answer in notification center window while app is closed.

Maybe there’s any way to completely reset or re-install the whole app?

Update 2: installed NVRam 1.1.2 and Chimera 2.2.1, deleted all prefs and caches related to iChat, iMessages and Messages and it’s back to work now :)

I am running Raid0 and can not try to log in and get a Message saying Could not sign in to iMessage Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again. There is nothing wrong with my network. Every thing else works fine. There is one other thing when I was running just one drive iMessage was running fine.

Has anybody have the same problem and if you fix how did you fix it. I am running Chimmera 2.2.1

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back