Contribute
Register

Imessage Not working after upgrading to Mavericks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Imessage is not working after I upgraded to Mavericks. It was working fine in Mountain Lion. I have attached a picture of the error message I am getting. I feel like Apple Is blocking my Apple ID in regards to Imessage. Facetime, Icloud and App Store are all working when I sign in. Appreciate some help on this issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.12.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.12.51 PM.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 2,342
Changing the PW did not help me.
I can sign into iMessages, but I cannot get the app to go online.
It gives me an error about activation.

I don't care, I just use it on my phone anyway.
But, this solution did not work for me.

Question... I tried the nvramdynlib fix, and it didn't work. But I'm using the latest Chimera instead of chameleon. That shouldn't matter, should it?? When I test nvram in the terminal, I can tell that changes to nvram are NOT sticking after reboot. Plus, the uuid in the nvram.plist is always set to some weird value that doesn't match my machine's uuid...

Installed official Chameleon 2.2 svn r2266. Still doesn't work. NVRAM still doesn't "stick", and my UUID is always replaced with something weird in the nvram plist.

Should mention that I am running a RAID0 boot volume. Have nvram dynlib in both the EFI helper volumes, as well as the root volume.

Any ideas?!

thanks! this fixed my imessage login activation problem!!

all i had to do is download the official chameleon bootloader 2.2 (i used 2266) and then installed the nvram file (and reboot of course!) and now my imessage works..

I'm not what you'd call a skilled hackntosher... any chance you could put it all in steps and send me a pm me? I've never had trouble with Lion or mountain Lion but then again I just got hardware that worked i.e my Probook 4530s and built the desktop parts. I've only ever had to do a but of Uni/Multibeast and thats it. Although weirdest thing, I could not get the UniBeast 3.0 to work until about 10 attempts and on my ProBook I had to go into -v to get the UB drive up and installing....still won't do it on my deskhack???

Cheers

Emmy.

So just after Mavericks Upgrade and deletion of existing Extra (after backup from 10.8.5) I was getting an error on activation prompting to try again later.

Did all the delete Network plists and connections, and the rest with no results.

Went the vram plist/module route by just restoring the ones in my backuped extra from 10.8.5 and ran on the contact Apple Support Message.

Changed password, same.

Then I remembered somewhere back in the ML days stating try to log from a real mac or iOS device. From the pwd change, had to reactivate iMessage on my AppleID on my iPhone. Back on the Hackintosh, Activation failed for this AppleID message gave way to full activation.

iMessage, iCloud, Facetime and Stores back up and running 100% with Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back