Contribute
Register

iMessage contact Apple support fix without Credit Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
Intel i5 4440
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So my iMessage stopped working after I reinstalled Mavericks. It worked before with filenvram1.12. However it stopped working now. I've tried everything so far. Except the Credit Card fix. The problem is I have no Credit Card, but I use clickandbuy for my app store purchases. Has anyone found a fix for this problem without using a Credit Card?

Yeah, same here.....is there a known working fix besides calling Apple or entering a cc?:O

I tried using all the hints that have been given on this site except for adding a credit card to iTunes and nothing worked for me. I finally decided to try the credit card solution as a last resort and it worked. I removed the credit card from iTunes and logged out of iMessage and re-logged back in to see if it would work and it gave me the message, "Your Apple ID "[email protected]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time" again. I went back to iTunes and re-entered the credit card and iMessage works again. I didn't want to have a credit card on iTunes so I removed it but this time I stayed logged into iMessage and it continues to work.

This is a weird solution and I'm not sure why it works but it does. I realize you're looking for a solution without using a credit card but this may be your only option if you tried everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back