Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the question. You have to null H000. It's replacement is defined in your DSDT.aml. It can be that there are even two replacements defined in the DSDT.aml, like e.g. H001 and D077. In this case you would have to also null H001 and D077, before introducing the new UPSB device.

PCI0/PR01/ definitely shows another TB adopter.. why.. only you might know.. ;)

Please ignore that question, just trying to ask for something that i have almost no idea how it works, so no surprise if it doesn't make sense.

I really don't know why it shows as Thunderbolt. The MB doesn't have On-Board Thunderbolt, just a connector for TB AIC. Its even present when i remove the Alpine Ridge, so my guess is its the TypeC USB. And when i plug in my USB into the 3.1 type A port it shows in IOReg under PCI0/PR01.

Please ignore that question, just trying to ask for something that i have almost no idea how it works, so no surprise if it doesn't make sense.

I really don't know why it shows as Thunderbolt. The MB doesn't have On-Board Thunderbolt, just a connector for TB AIC. Its even present when i remove the Alpine Ridge, so my guess is its the TypeC USB. And when i plug in my USB into the 3.1 type A port it shows in IOReg under PCI0/PR01.

Impossible... PCI0/PR01 shows a fully developed TB ACPI device structure in IOREG.. totally different from an USB3.1 Type-A or Type-C onboard controller. Do you likely use two TB SSDTs?

Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 19.49.16.png

If not you will have to, following this IOREG ACPI information.

Last edited:
Ill show screenshot tonight to confirm (i could be mistaken).
I have not implemented any TB SSDTs yet as it seemed its dependent on working XHC2 3.1 so i was trying that first.

Ill show screenshot tonight to confirm (i could be mistaken).
I have not implemented any TB SSDTs yet as it seemed its dependent on working XHC2 3.1 so i was trying that first.

Yet I do not see any XHC2 ACPI variable in your IOREG.save.

What happens if you just enable the xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs Kernel patch in your config.plist? Does XCPM continues working at reasonable performance or do you also need the _xcpm_performance Kernel patch and the _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs Kernel patches to achieve a reasonable CPU performance?

I see that you also enable the _xcpm_core_scope_msrsm Kernel patch, thus, the MSR Register is locked in your BIOS? If so.. wouldn't it be necessary to also check KernelPM in this case?

Then I did the tests:
1) enabled svid support
2) the ram are standard at 2400mhz
3) tweaker / externaldigi + power control brought everything on the car (I had set it up for the overclock to 4.3 ghz with manual settings of vcore etc.)
4) kernel pm I had disabled by mistake to change the parameters for testing I have again enabled because I do not use msr and I have not even installed the patch of the firmware / microcode of the bios for now I have the original 1701
5) launching the command to verify the operation of xpcp I get:
hdmacs-Mac-Pro: ~ hdmac $ sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode
machdep.xcpm.mode: 0
so it is not active and functional
Which other parameter can control this?
6) I confirm that with high sierra I had the same settings of the bios and the temperatures were the same reported in the bios screen both at stock frequency and overlcock at 4.3, now with mojave I have a difference of about 12 ° if I use oveclock and 10 at normal frequency.
I do not know what the cause may be, do you have any idea?
We are sure that the last kext on the sensors will detect the correct temperature
Is there any other system to check when you are in mojave? If I turn off the pc and within bios the temperatures are much lower ...

Many thanks

Then I did the tests:
1) enabled svid support
2) the ram are standard at 2400mhz
3) tweaker / externaldigi + power control brought everything on the car (I had set it up for the ovghlock to 4.3 ghz with manual settings of vcore etc.)
4) kernel pm I had disabled by mistake to change the parameters for testing I have again enabled because I do not use msr and I have not even installed the patch of the firmware / microcode of the bios for now I have the original 1701
5) launching the command to verify the operation of xpcp I get:
machdep.xcpm.mode: 0
so it is not active and functional
Which other parameter can control this?
6) I confirm that with high sierra I had the same settings of the bios and the temperatures were the same reported in the bios screen both at stock frequency and overlcock at 4.3, now with mojave I have a difference of about 12 ° if I use oveclock and 10 at normal frequency.
I do not know what the cause may be, do you have any idea?
We are sure that the last kext on the sensors will detect the correct temperature
Is there any other system to check when you are in mojave? If I turn off the pc and within bios the temperatures are much lower ...

Many thanks

The important thing is to check the CPU "PluginType" in your config.plist, which is also checked in your case. With this, XCPM should work.

1.) Maybe your CPU also requires the "_cpuid_set_info" and "_xcpm_bootstrap" kernel patches for Haswell-E? The 2 patches are the same as for 10.13. Try to implement and enable them and see if this makes XCPM work on your system.

2.) Alternatively you can also check "KernelXCPM" in Section Kernel and Kext Patches and see if this results in a working XCPM configuration on your system.

I expect CPU temps to lower once XCPM is working, although 58 deg is anyway totally acceptable.

If neither suggestion1.) nor suggestion 2.) above work, I have no alternative suggestions and I will not be of further help in your issue.

Good luck,

KGP

The important thing is to check the CPU "PluginType" in your config.plist, which is also checked in your case. With this, XCPM should work.

1.) Maybe your CPU also requires the "_cpuid_set_info" and "_xcpm_bootstrap" kernel patches for Haswell-E? The 2 patches are the same as for 10.13. Try to implement and enable them and see if this makes XCPM work on your system.

2.) Alternatively you can also check "KernelXCPM" in Section Kernel and Kext Patches and see if this results in a working XCPM configuration on your system.

I expect CPU temps to lower once XCPM is working, although 58 deg is anyway totally acceptable.

If neither suggestion1.) nor suggestion 2.) above work, I have no alternative suggestions and I will not be of further help in your issue.

Good luck,

KGP

Solved now I have normal temps by putting the patch!!!
1) xcpm_bootstrap
Now I get this:
machdep.xcpm.mode: 1
Verify that in the IORegistryExplorer you have the following entry under CP00 @ 0:
I see 1 and not 0 but as a value.
The other patch cpuid_set_info "is necessary with the other because I could not find it .. on the web
2) Now I have to remove the selections on plug-in type and kernel xcpm having inserted that or I can leave it?
3) It is not clear to me, however, in the cpu section what value should I set for my cpu 5820k (where I take this value)?
I had in the plist of high sierra 0x0a01 in your plist is present 0x0F01 and I had modulated in that way also mine is correct?
Meanwhile, thank you very much for your help ...

Last edited:
Solved now I have normal temps by putting the patch!!!
1) xcpm_bootstrap
Now I get this:
machdep.xcpm.mode: 1
Verify that in the IORegistryExplorer you have the following entry under CP00 @ 0:
I see 1 and not 0 but as a value.
The other patch cpuid_set_info "is necessary with the other because I could not find it .. on the web
2) Now I have to remove the selections on plug-in type and kernel xcpm having inserted that or I can leave it?
3) It is not clear to me, however, in the cpu section what value should I set for my cpu 5820k (where I take this value)?
I had in the plist of high sierra 0x0a01 in your plist is present 0x0F01 and I had modulated in that way also mine is correct?
Meanwhile, thank you very much for your help ...

Your xcpm is working again. Leave everything as implemented now! Don’t remove plugin type and leave also CPU Type as implemented.

Issue closed at my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back