Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. if you want to use a copy of the attached file also with the Alpine ridge, you need to adopt the ACPI path and change again XHC6 -> XHC5 within the SSDT.

It works, thank you so much!
I will adopt for the Alpine Ridge and do more sleep testing tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 1.41.18 AM.png

Reactions: kgp
Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 10.03.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 10.14.38 AM.png

Successfully implemented iMacPro and updated to Mojave.
Only need to use the performance patch in kernel patch.

KernelXCMP needs to be checked or I can't boot.

View attachment 355090 View attachment 355091

Successfully implemented iMacPro and updated to Mojave.
Only need to use the performance patch in kernel patch.

KernelXCMP needs to be checked or I can't boot.

You cannot boot if you uncheck KernelXCMP but enable the _xcpm_pkg_scope Kernel patch? Or would you also need the _cpuid_set_info and _xcpm_bootstrap kernel patches for Broadwell-E?

@kgp I have implemented the SSDT, but after numerous testing I could not get sleep/wake work properly so I disabled the TB card again.
The only thing left is to fix the USB-sleep issue where it gets ejected. In beta I used this https://github.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep but I don't know if I can reverse is later on if it causes some other troubles on the back end. What are your thoughts?

Oh and for some reason HWMonitor freezes when I start it.
These are my .kext that I use.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.49.05 PM.png

@kgp I have implemented the SSDT, but after numerous testing I could not get sleep/wake work properly so I disabled the TB card again.
The only thing left is to fix the USB-sleep issue where it gets ejected. In beta I used this https://github.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep but I don't know if I can reverse is later on if it causes some other troubles on the back end. What are your thoughts?

Oh and for some reason HWMonitor freezes when I start it.
These are my .kext that I use.

View attachment 355147

Sensor kexts are not meant for HWMonitor. My guide clearly states that you should use iStatMenus instead!

You cannot boot if you uncheck KernelXCMP but enable the _xcpm_pkg_scope Kernel patch? Or would you also need the _cpuid_set_info and _xcpm_bootstrap kernel patches for Broadwell-E?

These two? BTW thanks for your patient... I'm actually a mechanical engineer and have no prior knowledge of IT or programming till I decided to built a Hack a few years ago....

Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 8.10.41 PM.png

These two? BTW thanks for your patient... I'm actually a mechanical engineer and have no prior knowledge of IT or programming till I decided to built a Hack a few years ago....

View attachment 355187

I don‘t need them for the i7-6950X. Do you?

I used them without kernelXPCM also cannot boot. If I use kernelXCPM can boot without them.

May be it's the 2696v4....

I used them without kernelXPCM also cannot boot. If I use kernelXCPM can boot without them.

May be it's the 2696v4....

The critical file for booting is _xcpm_pkg_scope, which MUST be enabled. However, if you are really only able to boot with kernelXCPM checked, leave it as implemented.

The critical file for booting is _xcpm_pkg_scope, which MUST be enabled. However, if you are really only able to boot with kernelXCPM checked, leave it as implemented.

ok... I'm planning to upgrade to the x299 motherboard, CPU that you are using in the near future. If that does happen, would you be kind enough to share the whole of your EFI, less the SMbios of course... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back