Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you also have your USB flash drive connected to the EZ Flashback port and does the CAP file has the correct X99 Deluxe II filename in line with the ASUS EZ flashback file name convention?
I have double check, yes. Check with Asus, it seem like non patched Cap file also not recognized.....

I have double check, yes. Check with Asus, it seem like non patched Cap file also not recognized.....

Listen.. you cannot flash the patched CAP file from BIOS. You must use EZ Flashback! No alternative!

Listen.. you cannot flash the patched CAP file from BIOS. You must use EZ Flashback! No alternative!

Nope. EZ Flashback is not working. could be a malfunction board, let see what asus says.

Issue Solved...... Turns out I need to removed all the PCI add on cards, including the Graphic card, all the Ram sticks but one stick and unplug all USB devices......(Found these steps from the internet, someone encounter the same issue"

Above steps applicable to any bios updates, regardless whether it is a patched bios or original bios....

Asus developed the "EZ" flashback which suppose to make bios update "EZ", looks like they have to change the name to "TS Fashback", "TS"=Troublesome....

BTW, Thanks for the reply and also for writing the guide. It is very helpful indeed!!

Reactions: kgp
Issue Solved...... Turns out I need to removed all the PCI add on cards, including the Graphic card, all the Ram sticks but one stick and unplug all USB devices......

Above steps applicable to any bios updates, regardless whether it is a patched bios or original bios....

Asus developed the "EZ" flashback which suppose to make bios update "EZ", looks like they have to change the name to "TS Fashback", "TS"=Troublesome....

BTW, Thanks for the reply and also for writing the guide. It is very helpful indeed!!

Strange.. Usually all this is not necessary.. anyway happy to see that also you finally managed to flash the BIOS of your Mainbaord with EZ Flashback.

Cheers,

KGP

Now this is showing in IOReg but still no TB Display in OSX nor Windows
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 11.08.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Now this is showing in IOReg but still no TB Display.
View attachment 353806

Did you realise that SSDT-X99-TB3HP-TTR.aml does still not apply at all in your case?

Your IOREG ACPI device structure MUST look the following as soon SSDT-X99-TB3HP-TTR.aml succesfully applies during boot:

Screenshot 2018-09-29 at 08.20.24.png

Please adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacements in SSDT-X99-TB3HP-TTR.aml in concordance with your IOREG ACPI entries (i.e. PCI0, BR3A, H000, etc.)!

Hi @kgp

I tested (EFI-X99-10.14.0-Release-iMacPro1,1-270918) on my configuration with and without the activation of "KernelPM" and "_xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" for mainbaords with locked MSR register, without success
It doesn't work in my case.
my config being different but with a similar architecture:
- MSI X99A SLI Plus
- Intel i7 6800k
- 32GB ram DDR4
- MSI Geforce GTX1060 Gaming-X 3GB
- 512GB SSD hard disk on SATA port 0

can you help me to readjust the efi file for my configuration please.

img_0449-jpg.353995

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Hi brmusta ! First of all better to create a HDD partition for macOS Mojave Installer on a small partition on a reserved Hard disk by terminal method or DiskMakerx way.Install CloverBootloader on it. Copy my attached EFI folder and replace installer's EFI with mine one and start your Hackintosh from it.[this is just for X99 MB]. Good Luck.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi @kgp

I tested (EFI-X99-10.14.0-Release-iMacPro1,1-270918) on my configuration with and without the activation of "KernelPM" and "_xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" for mainbaords with locked MSR register, without success
It doesn't work in my case.
my config being different but with a similar architecture:
- MSI X99A SLI Plus
- Intel i7 6800k
- 32GB ram DDR4
- MSI Geforce GTX1060 Gaming-X 3GB
- 512GB SSD hard disk on SATA port 0

can you help me to readjust the efi file for my configuration please.

img_0449-jpg.353995

Take my original EFI-Folder, adopt and add TSCAdjustReset.kext and check npci=0x2000 bootflag in config.plist as clearly outlined on my guide.

I don't understand why you guys neither properly read my guide nor learn from other posts. This issue has been discussed many times already. It is tiring to permanently provide the same answer on the same issue. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back