Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi brmusta ! First of all better to create a HDD partition for macOS Mojave Installer on a small partition on a reserved Hard disk by terminal method or DiskMakerx way.Install CloverBootloader on it. Copy my attached EFI folder and replace installer's EFI with mine one and start your Hackintosh from it.[this is just for X99 MB]. Good Luck.

You also miss a properly adopted TSCAdjustReset.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, my friend...

Honestly no idea why your system could boot without it..

Got my new 6950x! :) After 5hrs of water cooling and cable management its time to install the official release of Mojave.
Went as smooth as butter (aside from few panics until I realize I'm using 6core TSCAdjustRest.kext :lol:).

Got to E.1.g and finally got a return "1" when I ran ""sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" (couldn't get that with the 5820k). Don't know if wrong TSCAdjustRest.kext naming could have something to do with that. When I followed your guide the first time I had it named VoodooTSCSync.kext because...

e.) After adopting the IOCPUNumber for your particular Broadwell-E/EP, Haswell-E/EP processor, save the info.plist file and copy the modified VoodooTSCSync.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - directories of both USB Flash Drive Installer and System Disk!

...but now I saw that you actually use TSCAdjustRest.kext so I used that.

One thing I don't get is why I have different PCI device names (like pcie14e4,43a0 for the airport) than everyone else. I don't know what I'm missing but makes creating SSDT even more challenging than already is for me. Any idea?

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.08.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.10.18 AM.png

And finally the Titan Ridge...I gave up. No display signal whatsoever, so it goes back in the box back to amazon (after I test it on another machine if its not faulty).

Got my new 6950x! :) After 5hrs of water cooling and cable management its time to install the official release of Mojave.
Went as smooth as butter (aside from few panics until I realize I'm using 6core TSCAdjustRest.kext :lol:).

Got to E.1.g and finally got a return "1" when I ran ""sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" (couldn't get that with the 5820k). Don't know if wrong TSCAdjustRest.kext naming could have something to do with that. When I followed your guide the first time I had it named VoodooTSCSync.kext because...

...but now I saw that you actually use TSCAdjustRest.kext so I used that.

One thing I don't get is why I have different PCI device names (like pcie14e4,43a0 for the airport) than everyone else. I don't know what I'm missing but makes creating SSDT even more challenging than already is for me. Any idea?

View attachment 354078 View attachment 354079

And finally the Titan Ridge...I gave up. No display signal whatsoever, so it goes back in the box back to amazon (after I test it on another machine if its not faulty).

Your "PCI" snapshot above reveals that either you do not use any of my System SSDTs or yet none of my System SSDTs works on your system.

No surprise that such also the GC-Titan Ridge does not work at all in your case.

BTW.. device names, like e.g. pcie14e4,43a0 are totally irrelevant for any SSDT.

I have a problem with the temperatures of the cpu 5820k asus x99 deluxe
I have not changed the bios, with high sierra at the frequency of the stock regularly marked 30 ° to 4.3 ghz 36 ° now that I have upgraded to mojave have climbed to 50 ° in stock and 58 ° to 4.3 ghz and yet I put in the folder i new kext RehabMan-FakeSMC-2018-0915.
I've tried both with hw monitor and istat same high temperatures
What could be the problem?

I have a problem with the temperatures of the cpu 5820k asus x99 deluxe
I have not changed the bios, with high sierra at the frequency of the stock regularly marked 30 ° to 4.3 ghz 36 ° now that I have upgraded to mojave have climbed to 50 ° in stock and 58 ° to 4.3 ghz and yet I put in the folder i new kext RehabMan-FakeSMC-2018-0915.
I've tried both with hw monitor and istat same high temperatures
What could be the problem?

You must have changed something else in your CPU BIOS settings. The change to Mojave cannot be responsible for a change in cpu temps.

Your "PCI" snapshot above reveals that either you do not use any of my System SSDTs or yet none of my System SSDTs works on your system.

No surprise that such also the GC-Titan Ridge does not work at all in your case.

BTW.. device names, like e.g. pcie14e4,43a0 are totally irrelevant for any SSDT.

But its confusing to me, i'm not super savvy when it comes to building my SSDT. In that case do i rename just pcie14e4 -> ARPT or the whole line pcie14e4, 43a0?

Even if we get the Titan Ridge running under macOS with SSDTs it still doesn't run under Windows at all, thats why I switched back to the Alpine Ridge.

But its confusing to me, i'm not super savvy when it comes to building my SSDT. In that case do i rename just pcie14e4 -> ARPT or the whole line pcie14e4, 43a0?

Even if we get the Titan Ridge running under macOS with SSDTs it still doesn't run under Windows at all, thats why I switched back to the Alpine Ridge.

If the Titan Ridge does not work even with Windows in your case, I fully understand your decision.

The entire pcie14e4, 43a0 entry is totally irrelevant for the SSDT. What you need is the IOREG ACPI device information.

This is how its named in IOReg as well.
Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.08.25 AM.png

You must have changed something else in your CPU BIOS settings. The change to Mojave cannot be responsible for a change in cpu temps.

I have not changed anything in the bios settings of this I'm sure ...
I only modified kext and drivers with those I had for high sierra with new ones for mojave.
I tried to disable all the status c1, c3 etc. nothing changes temperatures all the rest is ok except for the nvidia drivers that have not yet been released.
I have only one doubt: I used with high sierra ALZA -> HDEF ACPI patch + (patch ssdt in clover acpi \ patched is still compatible for mojave?) Needs to be added to the config.plist in Section "ACPI" of Clover Configurator, in SSDT discussed in Section 9.2).
What is the difference indicated in section 9.2?
The problem is that I have 5820k and asus x99 deluxe and therefore your settings are not valid if I'm not mistaken for me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back