Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tank you again for the detailed tutorial got it to install (somewhat) successfully on GA x99 Ultra Gaming, 5820k, Sapphire Vega 64 limited edition, but I'm not happy.

- Just used your EFI folder but changed iMacPro to MacPro Id (as i get black screen on boot, regardless of how many ports i am using)
- Unsolid.kext did nothing for me, could not install on HFS+ that way. Had to make a new installer via script.
- everything boots, setup & installs in full 5k resolution (except clover in 4k)
- sleep works 50/50. Sometimes it will sleep others will restart. Usually every first sleep is successful, after that its a gamble.
- used my X99USB kext from High Sierra to get the usb3 running.
- i can use the iMacPro id (no black screen) with your Vega Kext but then my OpenCL score goes down 196k to 170k

@kgp does your sleep works flawlessly? Im thinking of just picking up a X99-a ii and calling it a day.

Tank you again for the detailed tutorial got it to install (somewhat) successfully on GA x99 Ultra Gaming, 5820k, Sapphire Vega 64 limited edition, but I'm not happy.

- Just used your EFI folder but changed iMacPro to MacPro Id (as i get black screen on boot, regardless of how many ports i am using)
- Unsolid.kext did nothing for me, could not install on HFS+ that way. Had to make a new installer via script.
- everything boots, setup & installs in full 5k resolution (except clover in 4k)
- sleep works 50/50. Sometimes it will sleep others will restart. Usually every first sleep is successful, after that its a gamble.
- used my X99USB kext from High Sierra to get the usb3 running.
- i can use the iMacPro id (no black screen) with your Vega Kext but then my OpenCL score goes down 196k to 170k

@kgp does your sleep works flawlessly? Im thinking of just picking up a X99-a ii and calling it a day.

Would I say that sleep/wake works flawless if it doesn't? ;)

Would I say that sleep/wake works flawless if it doesn't? ;)
Wasn't 100% sure. Ill probably get my hands on x99-a ii this weekend.

I didn't get the MB (yet) but i got a Thunderbolt Display and getting my hands on 6950x today :)

The Issue:
The Display works every time, but sometimes i am missing USB/Camera/Sound and cannot pin point to witch settings they are enabled. When they work however:
- Sound output name displays as "Display port monitor" instead of "Thunderbolt Display"
- Brightness shortcuts (F1, F2, F14, F15) makes the display turn off/on, the slider works fine however
Could this be caused by well implemented USB ports?

Wasn't 100% sure. Ill probably get my hands on x99-a ii this weekend.

X99 requires some work as far as I can see.
Running the setup from the app store ends in reboot loop after "PCI Configuration Begin"

Let the show begin

Screenshot 2018-09-24 at 21.52.06.png

X99-10.14.0.png

System and Guide Update to 10.14.0 (18A391) completed.

Guide related changes:
  • New Section D.2) with manual and automatic "Install macOS Mojave.app" full package installer creation approach
  • Revised Section E.7) GC-Titan Ridge / GC-Alpine Ridge /Asus TBEX 3 PCIe Add-In Implementation
  • Revised Section E.9.13) GC-Titan Ridge / GC-Alpine Ridge / Asus TBEX 3 Thunderbolt HotPlug System Implementation
  • New EFi-Folder EFI-X99-10.14.0-Release-iMacPro1,1-240918.zip
EFI-Folder related changes:
  • Implementation of Clover_v2.4k_r4674
  • Removal of Beta Boot Flags for Lilu and Lilu Plugins from config.plist
  • Implementing 10.14.0 _xcpm performance patch in config.plist

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

X99 requires some work as far as I can see.
Running the setup from the app store ends in reboot loop after "PCI Configuration Begin"

Works as described.. please properly configure your EFI-Folder! Don't forget to add TSCAdjustReset.kext!

Good luck,

KGP

Hi again @kgp . Thank you again for your guide. I'm following your instructions to update to Mojave, but I have one problem. When I reboot to the installer, the installer screen says "the installer resources were not found". I tried to update to Mojave directly from High Sierra, and Clean Install with USB in a new HDD, but same problem in bot ways. I've readen some post about people with this problem, but I can't fit it. I've tried to install/update it in my NVME, external SSD, and internal HDD. Nothing worked.

I can upload here my EFI Folder based on your last 24-09-18 efi folder with TSCAdjunstReset.kext. (I've tried too with HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHFS, but didnt work).

Any idea? I'm sure that is "easy" to fix that problem, but I dont know how.

I've same MOBO than you except I have i7 6900k. Updated BIOS version with unlocked MSR and BIOS well configurated. I didn't touch nothing in BIOS in 2 months. Any idea?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 77
  • Foto 25-9-18 15 40 15.jpg
    Foto 25-9-18 15 40 15.jpg
    11.3 MB · Views: 55
Hi again @kgp . Thank you again for your guide. I'm following your instructions to update to Mojave, but I have one problem. When I reboot to the installer, the installer screen says "the installer resources were not found". I tried to update to Mojave directly from High Sierra, and Clean Install with USB in a new HDD, but same problem in bot ways. I've readen some post about people with this problem, but I can't fit it. I've tried to install/update it in my NVME, external SSD, and internal HDD. Nothing worked.

I can upload here my EFI Folder based on your last 24-09-18 efi folder with TSCAdjunstReset.kext. (I've tried too with HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHFS, but didnt work).

Any idea? I'm sure that is "easy" to fix that problem, but I dont know how.

I've same MOBO than you except I have i7 6900k. Updated BIOS version with unlocked MSR and BIOS well configurated. I didn't touch nothing in BIOS in 2 months. Any idea?

Never heard about such issue, sorry.. Did you already try to create the Install macOS Mojave.app manually?

Good luck,

KGP

Never heard about such issue, sorry.. Did you already try to create the Install macOS Mojave.app manually?

Good luck,

KGP
No, I didn't. I'm using createInstaller.sh script now (downloaded from your guide). I hope this is updated to latest Mojave Installer. Let me try and come back in few minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back