Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGP.

Is the vega pci implementation (other than the OC part) cosmetic only? Cause when I implement it(without OC), The performance is not as good as when I don't(Benchmarking with unique Haven). The fan would keep on going at high speed even when temp in down.

To not OC, I only remove the binary table right? cause if I remove from as shown, the system report will only show the Raeon HD-Audio, it don't show the display controller.

No.. the Vega SSDT is not only cosmetic. You should optimise the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable for your particular needs and GPU. How to is explained in my guide.

Hi, KGP. Thanks a lot for your work.

I have the same MB with 1902 (patched) with 5820k, followed carefully all the instructions, but unfortunately can't get XCPM work. Tried enabling all possible _xcpm_* patches, no success (with _xcpm_cpuid_set_info even doesn't boot).

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.8 KB · Views: 146
Yes, I did update microcodes. Also, KernelXCPM option doesn't help.
The "About this Mac" shows "3.3 Ghz Unknown"

kgp, with all my respect, I found your post in this thread from "Oct 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM"

I don’t need to check KernelXCPM!
I also don’t need KernelPM as the MSR register of my mainboard is unlocked!
All i need are _xcpm_pkg_scope and the two _xcpm_SMT_scope kernel patches!

That's what I have now:

Also, I checked every all BIOS settings to match yours. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
kgp, with all my respect, I found your post in this thread from "Oct 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM"

That's what I have now:

View attachment 356559 View attachment 356560 View attachment 356561

Also, I checked every all BIOS settings to match yours. Thanks in advance!

My friend, you should not only read my posts but also those of people with the 5820K, who clearly state that the latter CPU also requires the Haswell xcpm_bootstrap Kernel patch enabled. See README.md in my Github repository from where you downloaded my X99 EFI-Folder for further details!

Thank you very much, that was pretty stupid from my side not reading the README. Now it works, will continue further

No.. the Vega SSDT is not only cosmetic. You should optimise the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable for your particular needs and GPU. How to is explained in my guide.

Noted with thanks!

Hi, KGP. Thanks a lot for your work.

I have the same MB with 1902 (patched) with 5820k, followed carefully all the instructions, but unfortunately can't get XCPM work. Tried enabling all possible _xcpm_* patches, no success (with _xcpm_cpuid_set_info even doesn't boot).

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.4 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back