Contribute
Register

I'm so close! El Cap installed but Clover doesn't want to install on my SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you re-install Clover to the system drive before copying the EFI contents? If not, first re-install Clover to system drive, then copy EFI contents from USB EFI to system drive EFI.

Yep, I did. Tried a couple times, even tried following the instructions just prior to the EFI folder copying, with the install settings for clover. Also tried copying the boot folder in addition to copying the clover folder. :(

OK, so when installing Clover, you should definitely have selected Install for UEFI booting only and Install Clover to the ESP.

In your BIOS, set it to boot UEFI only (not legacy and not UEFI and Legacy).

See if that makes a difference.

I am having a similar issue. In my case, I can only boot from the unibeast as booting from my internal hdd hangs at [pci configuration begin]. I try to copy over the stuff from the unibeast drive, but no luck.

OK, so when installing Clover, you should definitely have selected Install for UEFI booting only and Install Clover to the ESP.

In your BIOS, set it to boot UEFI only (not legacy and not UEFI and Legacy).

See if that makes a difference.

I decided to start over completely. I re-made my installer, wiped my SSD and reinstalled. Got the clover installer, installed it. Same exact issue. If I set up my bios for UEFI only then my SSD no longer shows up at all. :\

I decided to start over completely. I re-made my installer, wiped my SSD and reinstalled. Got the clover installer, installed it. Same exact issue. If I set up my bios for UEFI only then my SSD no longer shows up at all. :\

There is a fix for this. Hang in there a little longer until it is published.

:thumbup:

There is a fix for this. Hang in there a little longer until it is published.

Well that's good news. :) Will it be an update to Clover or something else? Just wondering where I should watch for it.

Thanks!

Well that's good news. :) Will it be an update to Clover or something else? Just wondering where I should watch for it.

Thanks!

Chances are if you have followed the recommended guide to install with the Clover bootlader, then it should be installed just fine and only requires the usual post-install configuration.

We don't update Clover, since the problem appears to be related to the UEFI implementation on the motherboard itself.

Good news for you also is that it has been tested on the very same board you are using, which I have as well.

I would recommend that you use the 2.50 version bios that is currently available on the Asrock website, since my testing is based on that.

Chances are if you have followed the recommended guide to install with the Clover bootlader, then it should be installed just fine and only requires the usual post-install configuration.

We don't update Clover, since the problem appears to be related to the UEFI implementation on the motherboard itself.

Good news for you also is that it has been tested on the very same board you are using, which I have as well.

I would recommend that you use the 2.50 version bios that is currently available on the Asrock website, since my testing is based on that.

Ok thank you, I will make sure I have the latest BIOS installed! But when you said "There is a fix for this. Hang in there a little longer until it is published." what were you referring to exactly? What is the fix a part of (Clover? Post install package?)? Thanks again! Really excited to get this thing set up and running smoothly. :)

Ok thank you, I will make sure I have the latest BIOS installed! But when you said "There is a fix for this. Hang in there a little longer until it is published." what were you referring to exactly? What is the fix a part of (Clover? Post install package?)? Thanks again! Really excited to get this thing set up and running smoothly. :)

It is a guide I have written that fixes the UEFI issue on these boards. As I mentioned before, we don't change Clover. Clover itself is not the issue, its the UEFI on the board.

What you have described sounds exactly like what I was seeing and what we will fix.

It is a guide I have written that fixes the UEFI issue on these boards. As I mentioned before, we don't change Clover. Clover itself is not the issue, its the UEFI on the board.

What you have described sounds exactly like what I was seeing and what we will fix.

Ah I see. I will keep an eye out for your guide then! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back