1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ok so i was fed up with my macbook pro because it always dies and it just pisses :evil:me off sometime because no DVD drive or no firewire or what ever my problem is i use thunderbolt for my Macbook Pro Retina Laptop both port and i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to build a Hackintosh that can update thorugh Apple Software Update without Crashing Completly yes i know about the kext and stuff that is not a big deal my problem is i want all my hardware working with a OS im looking for GAMING yes Gaming on a mac with steam and Final Cut studio with a little bit of Streaming im running 2 Sony NX70 Cams and they are hooked up to a Blackmagic 3D Thunderbolt box and that is connected to my Retina so this is the hardware i wanna run is it going to be possible for it to work properly without me doing extra things to like loading a bootloader just to boot it lol

i Want it to be like i turn it on and it will take me and log me in non of that Pressing buttons and stuff just to make it boot cause its annoying you know so this is my hardware and i hope someone can approve and reply back with how to do the Install and Kext because i know how to build a computer just im a noob to the software part.:!:

If Possible you know Something Better Than This i Want to Know.... Also About the Thunderbolt Motherboard

My Parts

Intel Core i7 3930K
Corsair H80i CPU cooler
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
4X Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM
4X 512GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD’s
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Graphics Card
Fractal Newton 1000W PSU
Fractal R4 Case

If the Thunderbolt motherboard works with Hackintosh will the rest of my parts work i also want advice on the graphics card because i am using Premiere Pro CS6 for Mac and Final Cut i wanna know if i can use the thunderbolt motherboard with the rest of my hardware above to please help and see if this build will work with hackintosh...

Thanks
iDevBoss

If you had used the forum search you would find lots of install guides.

Anyway doing a X79 build is not recommended for Noobs as there is no equivalent Apple hardware platform today.

Right But then again i wanna use thunderbolt with this type set up because of video editing when it comes to apple software im good but the bootloader stuff and kext thats not my thing so i want a hardware recommendation from the community or just.... you know lol so i can know which build is good for me i does not have to be like this one i just wanna build it and forget about upgrading it until 3 years passes or maybe 4 so i wont have to constantly upgrade components all the time

PS: Looking for a High End Build Something similar to my topped out Macbook Pro Retina

ok so i was fed up with my macbook pro because it always dies and it just pisses :evil:me off sometime because no DVD drive or no firewire or what ever my problem is i use thunderbolt for my Macbook Pro Retina Laptop both port and i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to build a Hackintosh that can update thorugh Apple Software Update without Crashing Completly yes i know about the kext and stuff that is not a big deal my problem is i want all my hardware working with a OS im looking for GAMING yes Gaming on a mac with steam and Final Cut studio with a little bit of Streaming im running 2 Sony NX70 Cams and they are hooked up to a Blackmagic 3D Thunderbolt box and that is connected to my Retina so this is the hardware i wanna run is it going to be possible for it to work properly without me doing extra things to like loading a bootloader just to boot it lol

i Want it to be like i turn it on and it will take me and log me in non of that Pressing buttons and stuff just to make it boot cause its annoying you know so this is my hardware and i hope someone can approve and reply back with how to do the Install and Kext because i know how to build a computer just im a noob to the software part.:!:

If Possible you know Something Better Than This i Want to Know.... Also About the Thunderbolt Motherboard

My Parts

Intel Core i7 3930K
Corsair H80i CPU cooler
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
4X Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM
4X 512GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD’s
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Graphics Card
Fractal Newton 1000W PSU
Fractal R4 Case

If the Thunderbolt motherboard works with Hackintosh will the rest of my parts work i also want advice on the graphics card because i am using Premiere Pro CS6 for Mac and Final Cut i wanna know if i can use the thunderbolt motherboard with the rest of my hardware above to please help and see if this build will work with hackintosh...

Thanks
iDevBoss

AFAIK, there is no socket 2011 main board with Thunderbolt. You have to go with a Z77 chipset board to get Thunderbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back