Contribute
Register

iJanni´s Silent Build - GA Z77 DS3H - i3 2100 - NVidia GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi unit24,
the performance is very impressing and yes, everything is working properly also QE/CI.
I really recommend that card, especially when yoo have a double boot with Windows for gaming :p

Thank you for the speedy reply, just put in an order on amazon can't wait to get this thing up and running THANKYOU! :D

Hi mate!
Got something new for you! :thumbup:
About your non functioning sound keys: you probably used a different keyboard without the sound keys when installing!? (at least it's probably what happened to me... :oops:)
As mentioned here, you can re-run SetupAssistant at next start by deleting /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and create a new user as if first launching osx.
It worked for me, but only for the new accounts. There's probably some file to change in the old accounts prefs but I still haven't found.
Let me know! :headbang:

Hey there ;)
i used the original Apple keyboard when installing OS X the first time and that´s the keyboard i´m using now...
I´m very satisfied with my build at the moment so i will not test your tip, but thanks for the tip anyway i hope it could help someone else. And i´m glad it worked out for you well ;)

Hi iJanni,

I came across a threat when I was searching for a fix for an issue I am struggling with:

Thanks mate for your recommendation. It´s still booting directly into OS X but sleep still isn´t working correctly. It goes to sleep and directly wakes up. Same when going to auto sleep :(

Quite often (but not always) when I tell my Hack to sleep it powers down but only to wake up a second later. :crazy:

Did you find a fix for that? If so, how did you do it?

I'm also using the GA-Z77-DS3H (but with an i5 3570K).

Thank you for any help,

Hausmeista

Hey Hausmeista,
you might take a look at my build description. There you can find my solution (different darkwake settings). For me it´s working with darkwake = 0, sometimes he still doesn´t want to go to sleep but that´s okay for me ;)
I hope it also works for you.

Hey Hausmeista,
you might take a look at my build description. There you can find my solution (different darkwake settings). For me it´s working with darkwake = 0, sometimes he still doesn´t want to go to sleep but that´s okay for me ;)
I hope it also works for you.

Thank you.
I am also at darkwake=0 now and at least it hasn't made it worse so far.
I believe I have tracked the actual problem down to my Belkin Bluetooth dongle as the terminal showed me that the wake-up is always cause by a USB device...

cheers!

Great. Maybe you've to try another dongle...

I have the system config specified in the subject - an Asus GeForce 210 Silent, in fact.
It works "out of the box" in Mountain Lion and Mavericks; however, the bigger trick for me was not realizing the Z77-DS3H has the Via VT2021 audio chip and needs the Voodoo 2.7.2 for VT2021 audio driver instead of one for a Realtek chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back