Contribute
Register

iBoot Supported 2.0 kernel panic [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iBoot 2.0 kernel panic

Just tested iBoot Supported 1.0 vs. iBoot Supported 2.0. As you are all reporting, there was a kernel panic on 2.0. So I've fixed the issue, and now 2.0 works the same as 1.0. No worries now whatsoever with the new version, and you get the USB 2.0 support. :D

Please, do me a favor- anyone who's posted here- re-test using the one I've just uploaded and post your results. I'm pretty sure it will now work as well as iBoot NVIDIA and iBoot ATI.

Just to be clear- the latest version is preferable to the older version. There is no difference (now) except for the added bonus of USB 2.0.

Problem not solved for me ( see my post)

Tonymacx86, did you upload the latest version? i noticed that this new version has exactly the same number of bytes in the file (there is no version numer) (24.119.296 bytes)

Hmm. Just tested the one in Public again- worked fine for me with the 10.6 Retail DVD and the 10.6.3 retail DVD. I'm calling shenanigans :p

No, seriously- I'm wondering if you have either a bad DVD or a bad burn of iBoot-Supported at this point. :problem:

I was having this issue but burned a new iboot-supported disk on a cd-r instead of cd-rw and have now installed SL and is working just need to fix my networking and work out why the audio breaks after installing the vanilla kernal in multibeast.

kuliand said:
I was having this issue but burned a new iboot-supported disk on a cd-r instead of cd-rw and have now installed SL and is working just need to fix my networking and work out why the audio breaks after installing the vanilla kernal in multibeast.

Thanks! :) If you want iBoot Supported functionality- check out the included kexts via the wiki page. You'll have to figure out what audio solution is best for you. But if iBoot Supported is fine, it's the VoodooHDA 0.2.1

wiki/index.php?title=IBoot

tonymacx86 said:
Hmm. Just tested the one in Public again- worked fine for me with the 10.6 Retail DVD and the 10.6.3 retail DVD. I'm calling shenanigans :p

No, seriously- I'm wondering if you have either a bad DVD or a bad burn of iBoot-Supported at this point. :problem:
kernel panic not solved..

no comment on the (same) filesize for iBoot supported 2.0 and the latest iBoot supported not public version?

I was thinking of a write errors also.
I burned (with Toast 10) a disc with iboot supported 1.0, OK
I burned (with Toast 10) a second disc with iboot supported 2.0, kernel panic.
I burned (with Toast 10) a disc with iboot supported 2.0 not public version, same kernel panic.
I burned (with Disc utility) to a different brand disc iboot supported 2.0 not public version, same kernel panic.
I don't think my CD writer has a problem because the iboot supported 1.0 disc (with no panics) was also burned with the same drive.
The disc with panics are booting OK UNTIL i hit return for the second boot stage...

Joep said:
no comment on the (same) filesize for iBoot supported 2.0 and the latest iBoot supported not public version?

Yeah- same filesize, but different timestamps on the files inside- the Preboot.dmg is what's changed, but the filesize on that is identical. I don't know what the issue is- the one linked here:

Public/iBoot-Supported.zip

Works for me.

joined because of this issue

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.52/iokit/Kernal/IOPlatformExpert .cpp:1389

hope this helps and thanks

direwolf said:
joined because of this issue

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.52/iokit/Kernal/IOPlatformExpert .cpp:1389

hope this helps and thanks

I don't understand this post??? is this a solution or another problem???

what does it mean???

huh? its the KP error message I receive after inserting the OSX disk and hitting enter to install. is your ACPI error different?

Im having the same problem:

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.7.4/iokit/Kernal/IOPlatformExpert .cpp

right after Ive switched iboot to retail and hit enter.

Where can I find iBoot Supported 1.0 so that I can try if that works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back