Contribute
Register

iBoot Supported 2.0 kernel panic [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vendetta said:
Rage said:
I guess some of you guys had a problem because you just hitted enter when iBoot was loaded, instead of replacing the iBoot disk with MacOs retail, hitting F5 and then Enter. That was my error at least :) I guess, it should be added to FAQ :)
What should be added to the FAQ? That you are supposed to swap the discs?
Yep, something like "Wait for iBoot's welcome promt, then change a disk to MacOS original setup disk and hit F5 and chose it". As you see, there are noticable number of ppl, who had stucked with the same for some time.

I had the same issue, FORGOT TO SWAP OUT IBOOT CD FOR OSX INSTALL CD.

I feel like an idiot as I've spent the last couple hours tweaking BIOS settings, resetting CMOS a half dozen times, booting up Win7, and reflashing the BIOS.

Herpa-derp. Just happy that I'm now back up and running.

RedneckBob said:
I had the same issue, FORGOT TO SWAP OUT IBOOT CD FOR OSX INSTALL CD.

I feel like an idiot as I've spent the last couple hours tweaking BIOS settings, resetting CMOS a half dozen times, booting up Win7, and reflashing the BIOS.

Herpa-derp. Just happy that I'm now back up and running.

I just had exactly the same experience. I only realised the mistake I was making when I read the post above yours (two above this post).

This is probably well documented in the iBoot guides, but I was following the customac pro 2010 guide which simply directs you to 'boot using iboot' and then 'install OS X'.

This is a real usability problem! The iboot screen needs to have some text such as 'insert your OS X disk now, wait a few moments, and then select it from the menu'.

Or, rather than showing the kernel panic, it should say something like 'No install disc found'.

I had no idea I was supposed to insert the OS X disk at this point, and thought I was just choosing to continue the iboot process. Both the suggestions above would give people a clue about what to do.

I'm so happy that I'm installing now, thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back