Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HI,

It is not possible for me to boot with iBoot supported 2.0, the previous version 1.00? no problem.
MB P55M-UD2.
I'am getting a kernel panic immediatly after hitting return in the window where to choose to boot from, when I want to boot from iBoot, KERNEL PANIC: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI"\"

I installed everything with iBoot supported 1.0 and used multibeast 2.0 for the rest of trhe installation and everything is working great, except for the name of the videocard in system profiler.

Re: iBoot 2.0 kernel panic

Hi,

I just mailed it to you, good luck..

There are no solutions for this problem on this forum so far...

Thanks Joep for the iBoot Supported 1.0, but it didn't work (didn't boot).

I'll post photos of my Bios and installation with iBoot (ATI / Supported) 2.0.

If you can help i would apreciate.

engtomas

Hi,

I don't think I can help you futher, i'am building my own system for the first time.

I think the best is to start your own topic.

im in need of version 1 aswell

is this not the blog site somewhere still?

Joep said:
HI,

It is not possible for me to boot with iBoot supported 2.0, the previous version 1.00? no problem.
MB P55M-UD2.
I'am getting a kernel panic immediatly after hitting return in the window where to choose to boot from, when I want to boot from iBoot, KERNEL PANIC: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI"\"

I installed everything with iBoot supported 1.0 and used multibeast 2.0 for the rest of trhe installation and everything is working great, except for the name of the videocard in system profiler.
There must be something misconfigured for this to not work as iBoot and iBoot-Supported are developed and tested on a P55M-UD2.

MacMan said:
There must be something misconfigured for this to not work as iBoot and iBoot-Supported are developed and tested on a P55M-UD2.
[/quote]

What can be misconfigured?
on the same hardware:

I boot from iBoot supported previous version, in the screen with the option where to boot futher, make a choice, everythink OK.
or
I boot from iBoot supported latest version, in the screen with the option where to boot futher, make a choice, KERNEL PANIC: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI"\"

Where can I see what version iBoot supported is? creation date maybe?

Joep said:
There are no solutions for this problem on this forum so far...

OK- first off- you guys rule for giving this feedback!

Issue Solved!

Just tested iBoot Supported 1.0 vs. iBoot Supported 2.0. As you are all reporting, there was a kernel panic on 2.0. So I've fixed the issue, and now 2.0 works the same as 1.0. No worries now whatsoever with the new version, and you get the USB 2.0 support. :D

Please, do me a favor- anyone who's posted here- re-test using the one I've just uploaded and post your results. I'm pretty sure it will now work as well as iBoot NVIDIA and iBoot ATI.

Just to be clear- the latest version is preferable to the older version. There is no difference (now) except for the added bonus of USB 2.0.

Public/iBoot-Supported.zip

Sorry, Issue not solved for me,

exact the same problem, as before,
I boot from iBoot supported previous version, in the screen with the option where to boot futher, make a choice, everythink OK.
or
I boot from iBoot supported very latest version, in the screen with the option where to boot futher, make a choice, KERNEL PANIC: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI"\"

What can I do to help you testing?,
I have almost the same system as tonymacx86 except that i have 9400 GT 512 MB,
MacMan who als tested this (with the same MB), without problems, is using FW F9 I have FW F10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back