Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast on LifeHacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
injail said:
Hello,
I am a new and never used MAC before, I just got TonyMac and so helpful :thumbup: (thanks).
I followed step by step from youtube and go through, however I got one more step before done, but i got stuck because i copied 10.6.5 update into my flashdrive and MultiBeast and put in the computer, it was not showing on the desktop. Is it need to be followed format?
and also Anyone knows what format can be read for MAC and Windows??
please help me out to finish project from TONYMAC
Thanks
IJ
USB drive formatted as FAT can be read and written by both OSs.

saracli said:
tonymacx86 said:
saracli said:
Has anyone got any ideas why Cinebench sees my CPU as 2 cores 4 threads?

I get that too- with my i5-750- it's got to be cosmetic. Could be that it's because the i5-750 and i5-760 are quad-core without Hyperthreading- so the program assumes that it's a dual core i5 with Hyperthreading. Each has a max of 4 threads.

Hi Tony,

The other thing is, in the system profiler the bus speed is stated as something like 746Mhz, is this a misread or is something really slowing down the bus (like mbios.plist)? Thanks...
Upgrade to the latest prerelease of Chameleon RC5 in MultiBeast.

ert_nutler said:
I followed the lifehacker guide to the letter--exact same hardware and everything except I didn't put the full 8GB of RAM in, just 4GB. The process works great, except I can't boot from the hard drive. I always get boot0: error when booting from the hard drive, but I can always boot from the iboot disc into OS X. Is there a good way to determine what's wrong or any suggestions about how to fix? The lifehacker post indicates everything worked great, which is why I bought that hardware. Thanks in advance.

I got the same error until I saw you must have 1tb or less on the harddrive you booting from. I made a partion on 800Gb to boot from and no I can boot from the hard drive :D

zardos said:
ert_nutler said:
I followed the lifehacker guide to the letter--exact same hardware and everything except I didn't put the full 8GB of RAM in, just 4GB. The process works great, except I can't boot from the hard drive. I always get boot0: error when booting from the hard drive, but I can always boot from the iboot disc into OS X. Is there a good way to determine what's wrong or any suggestions about how to fix? The lifehacker post indicates everything worked great, which is why I bought that hardware. Thanks in advance.

I got the same error until I saw you must have 1tb or less on the harddrive you booting from. I made a partion on 800Gb to boot from and no I can boot from the hard drive :D

i have the same problem. i have yet to try the smaller partition so thanks for the tip, but im running 8 gb of ram and while 8 are showing up in system profiler, only 4 are being used. any help?

Relative to your question on not being able to boot from the hard drive. I can give you a couple of suggestions. The first and simplest is to be certain your hard drive is plugged into the correct Sata Controller socket on the motherboard. It needs to be plugged into the first one, usually Sata 0, not any of the other intel sata sockets or the sockets specific to the MB manuafacturer.

Second i know the Sudo commands on the TonyMac installation guide work. If you haven't done that, it might be worth a try.

Just thought i'd post to says thanks.

Saw the lifehacker article but came here view the original source and was able to install everything almost perfectly first time on my shuttle sp35p2. Have it dual booting with windows 7.

Only issue i had was network card and sound not working. Found a solution for the network card but still trying to get sound via my alc888 on board audio. Anyway, I'll explore the forums and see what solutions pop up.

Thanks for the great tools.

I have replugged the sata hard drive into the first sata part (Sata 1 on my p7p55d deluxe)

whenever i try to boot through the hard drive without the boot cd all i get in verbose mode is

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin .....timed out

thanks for the advice but any help on this one man/ :p appreciate the love btw.

Has anyone run into a kernel panic. I followed all the steps, but when I do the combo update and then run multibeast, I lose ethernet when I reboot. Then when I do the next step of installing the kexts and then reboot I get a kernel panic when osx is begins loading. Thoughts anyone?

After reading the article of lifehacker i bought the same hardware exept of the ssd and graphic-card (have a 8800gt and 460gtx, so no need to buy another).

Followed the Steps but using the newest multibeast/iboot, working great!

After that i have done the 10.6.6. combo update and delete the sleepenabler.kext -> all working fine too!

Is there any new solution for sleep yet? Disable "sleep after x minutes" and all running great, but to save power it would be a nice to have.

Only my 460gtx still freezed the system after 10-120 min (tested with tonymac nvidia update and original quad driver ), switched back to 8800gt until there well be a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back