Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Tony for making these excellent tools :thumbup:

I have 8g ram installed,
is this a must to remove the extra RAM for a maximum of 4gb each time I boot into iBoot,
or I only need to do that at the first installation? :think:

I did a re installation yesterday. Worked like a charm. No problem at all.

Thanks Tony

I should update here on the status of my install, I guess what I did would be what I recommend for people with a 4850... although I don't really know enough about this to know whether it would be a universal solution.

On that second install that I mentioned in my second post in this thread, I backed up the 10.6.2 versions of the ATI4800Controller (with the device ID added in), ATISupport and ATIFramebuffer kexts. I upgraded to 10.6.3 and had to install those in safe mode using Kext Utility. After that, graphics worked flawlessly. However, I had some other problems so I did a third install after wiping the hard drive, and immediately installed the 10.6.3 update, along with those kexts, again using Kext Utility. Again, graphics are working great, and everything else is much smoother too, at this point it's running as well as I could reasonably hope.

Hopefully this was clear, let me know if there's anything else I can do (like uploading the kexts).

niclasc said:
I did a re installation yesterday. Worked like a charm. No problem at all.

Thanks Tony

Was a bit fast there :)

I have no sound. How do I get sound working. I've used Gigabeast for my mobo. But no sound.

Any ideas?

I have no sound. How do I get sound working. I've used Gigabeast for my mobo. But no sound.

Any ideas?
Did you install 10.6.3?

Then install AppleHDA from MultiBeast: Advanced Options / Kexts / Audio.

MacMan said:

Any ideas?
Did you install 10.6.3?

Then install AppleHDA from MultiBeast: Advanced Options / Kexts / Audio.

Yes I've installed 10.6.3 v1.1 after that gigabeast for UD2 and now I've tried to install AppleHDA. But still no sound.

I got this to work with little/to no trouble with the exception of using MultiBeast to boot from the hard drive. That part I cannot get to work. After the reboot after doing the stuff in MultiBeast it just goes to a black screen and sits there.

I use the cd I put iBoot on to boot up but everything else appears to work fine.

I also have a question -- the max amount of memory you can have is 4 gigs? I never pulled my memory and the install still worked but I am wondering if I can utilize all 8 gigs or will it always be just 4 gigs?

I am also seeing this "chuco" error and I'm using retail, purchased Snowy (no pirate here!) ; )

So I have no networking. My board is GA-P55A-UD4P and I used GigaBeast to intall. Tony, thanks dude for all the excellent work! Could you share with us the secret of how to install the realtek in a manual way?

Thanks so much again

-=xt=-

XtremeTeam said:
I am also seeing this "chuco" error and I'm using retail, purchased Snowy (no pirate here!) ; )

So I have no networking. My board is GA-P55A-UD4P and I used GigaBeast to intall. Tony, thanks dude for all the excellent work! Could you share with us the secret of how to install the realtek in a manual way?

Thanks so much again

-=xt=-

Well- I don't think the problem is the Realtek driver itself- it's just the last thing that loads before you are getting to the GUI. Which probably is trying to initiate the graphics card. Try repairing permissions and rebuilding caches with MultiBeast and then rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back