Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> i7 7700k sierra stopped booting and shuts down at apple logo - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS IX Maximus Hero
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have been running my hackintosh on sierra for over a year now. Everything worked well except it would restart itself once or twice a week. I barely got this build working so i decided to just live with it because i don't really know what i am doing.

But today I woke up and tried to add a new printer in system preferences and i clicked the little lock on the bottom left corner and it usually asks for my password with my name already populated. But this time it was blank. I thought this was weird since i have never encountered the username blank in the 10+ years using osx. So i typed my username and password but it wouldn't accept it. So I rebooted my computer only to find that it wouldn't boot. It gets to the apple logo and at about 3/4 of the way on the progress bar the whole machine will just shut off. I tried multiple times and the same result, it just shuts off. So I tried my back up drive that gets cloned every night with carbon copy cloner and the same thing happens.

I then tried a backup i made early on into the hackintosh build. And that one worked. So i tried googling and learned of this verbose mode. So I booted in that and took a video and i have included the last screen right before it dies.... please can anyone help?

Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• file-7.jpeg
    file-7.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 78
Lines stating 'fatal error' rarely herald good news.
It is not readily apparent from your image what is generating that error though.

Given today's spate of problems it may be this : See Post #6 and #7.

Last edited:
Thank you! the solution on that page worked... had to try it twice though. i don't know what i'm doing so maybe i missed a space the first time or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back