Register

i7 12700H + RX 6600 8Gb lagging after instalation

Motherboard
Z390
CPU
Intel I5
Graphics
GT 710 2 GB
Hello everyone, I'm facing a problem with a Hackintosh I built.

Specifications:

Intel Core i7 12700H
64GB DDR4 3200Mhz (32Gx2)
2Tb NVMe SSD
AMD Radeon RX 6600 8Gb
Wifi BCM94360CS with NVME Adapter
Sonoma 14.1.1
Open Core updated yesterday (0.9.6)
All kexts updated

I bought the pieces following a video I saw in the internet.
The installation starts and ends successfully but the system is extremely slow. The mouse keeps that little ball spinning all the time, it is practically impossible to use even if it is a high-specification computer.

I tried to observe if there were any changes in resource usage during these glitches and I didn't notice anything relevant. CPU and Memory remain low all the time. I upgraded to the Sonoma from scratch, and the problem persisted (initially, I had installed the Ventura).

I ran benchmark programs on the CPU and GPU to see if anything would fail and everything worked perfectly with high result numbers. But the system simply doesn't work as it should.

The problem is very generic, so I have no idea how to research to find a solution, and that's why I'm asking for help. Basically, for any simple operation such as copying and pasting text, opening system properties or "about this mac", typing, etc. the mouse always keeps in loading state for longer than expected.

Anyway, I have no idea how to solve it. If anyone can shed some light, I would appreciate it.

PS: The problem also occurred before the OpenCore and kexts update.

EFI I'm using follows attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 66
Which motherboard (brand/model) are you using? First, remove the Wifi module and test it again.

Motherboard model: ERYING-M-ITX Motherboard Desktop with CPU Onboard, B660i, Kit Interpose, i7 12700H, SRLD1, i7-12700H, 14C20T, PC Gaming DDR4.

I removed Wifi Module and seems PC is working properly. I was suspecting about the Wifi card too, but to be 100% honest I don't understand why it was connected. The model I had bought was native compatible with macOS but I faced the problem with both last versions: Ventura and Sonoma.

I'm using a usb wifi now but either I have to buy another wifi card or use cable. Do you have any tips why the wifi card was causing the behavior?

I removed Wifi Module and seems PC is working properly. I was suspecting about the Wifi card too, but to be 100% honest I don't understand why it was connected. The model I had bought was native compatible with macOS but I faced the problem with both last versions: Ventura and Sonoma.

I'm using a usb wifi now but either I have to buy another wifi card or use cable. Do you have any tips why the wifi card was causing the behavior?
The WiFi module is not supported natively anymore. It's too sad. You may use a OCLP(opencore legacy patcher) to make it work again but the OCLP changes some system files.

yeah, I know. I had tested with Ventura and the problem appeared too. And Ventura has native support. I had applied the patch to have the Wifi working in Sonoma, but I think it's some hardware problem. I just wanted to understand if your guess had some sort of other basis besides compatibility.

Last edited:
Back