Contribute
Register

i5 max overclock 4.8Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cowfodder said:
I've gotten mine as high as 5.5, stable, but I had to do a lot more messing around with voltage than I was comfortable with.

Cough BS cough your stable and mine are two different stables. Show me a screenshot of 8 hour prime 95 @ 5.5 until then its not stable.

roadrunner197069 said:
cowfodder said:
I've gotten mine as high as 5.5, stable, but I had to do a lot more messing around with voltage than I was comfortable with.

Cough BS cough your stable and mine are two different stables. Show me a screenshot of 8 hour prime 95 @ 5.5 until then its not stable.

My stable was running without KP, playing Portal2, WOW, Rift, and EVE with it at that speed for about 5 days, no sleep, no reboots. Honestly, above about 4.9 I didn't see any sort of performance increase to justify that much of an OC. I'm sure the fact that my H70 seems to keep my CPU below 50C no matter what I throw at it helps.

Do your over clocks show up in mac system info or if not there in benches. Im trying to clock my i7-2600k to 4ghz and I don't know if its working.

i didn't even know you could push the i5 all the way to 5ghz... wow. i was thinking of doing a small o/c eventually but only around 4.0 haha

guitfiddle said:
I can only overclock my system to 4.6 or 4.7Ghz, any higher and i get the mac you need to restart your computer warning. is there something i need to do different? all i'm doing now is changing the cpu multiplier.

you need better ram.

Is your ram ok? with that temp and volt of yours, the chip should have no prob to 5.0... most of d time its ur ram...

Question about Voltages.
On my Z68MX-UD2h-B3 with the i7 2600k the board identifies that the normal CPU Voltage is 1.35V, and from what i'm reading here it seems that you do overclock with less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back