Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370M-ITX/AC
CPU
Graphics
UHD630 iGPU <~unfortunatley
Hi,
So I upgraded to Mojave from High Sierra without looking into the changes with the GPU framebuffer. I have now been trying to get the Intel GPU to work without really any success. I have followed a number of tutorials, these are my main reference:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hing-using-whatevergreen.256490/#post-1780416
I have tried a number of configurations but have not been able to get GPU acceleration working but have been able to get the system to boot. If someone could please help, I know it is something really small that I am missing it would be greatly appreciated.
Current System Specs:

System Doard: Asrock Z370 itx
CPU: 8600K
DIMMs: G.Skill DDR4 2400mhz 16x2
SSD: Crucial MX500 M.2

If anymore info is needed I will provide. EFI provided.

Thanks and Regards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 81
Please see if this might work for you.

Also note that your config.plist is defining the iGPU device ID in two places. You might want to remove the settings under Devices —> Properties that pertain to Framebuffer and DeviceID. And instead enable “InjectIntel” and enter 3E928086 in the IntelGFX box.

I believe that I have tried this already but I will give this another shot tonight. Thanks

CaseySJ, thanks for the info. Sorry about the latent response, I have been studying for the Cisco CCNA all month so I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on this. I did try your first suggestion and while it booted, it did not activate the framebuffer. Your second suggestion with link looks like it is activating the framebuffer but is disabled very soon after. I am also having an error allocating0x11c0c pages unless I cycle through all the options in the bootloader. That seems odd as while this seems like a relatively common problem, it's interesting that it is popping up now. Also, with the settings from the link you posted will not allow the system to boot. I'm a total n00b when it comes to framebuffer patching so any help there would be awesome. Again, sorry about the latent response. Also uploaded photo of error and new config.plist.

Attachments

• 20190212_110231.jpg
    20190212_110231.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • config.plist
    13 KB · Views: 99
CaseySJ, thanks for the info. Sorry about the latent response, I have been studying for the Cisco CCNA all month so I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on this. I did try your first suggestion and while it booted, it did not activate the framebuffer. Your second suggestion with link looks like it is activating the framebuffer but is disabled very soon after. I am also having an error allocating0x11c0c pages unless I cycle through all the options in the bootloader. That seems odd as while this seems like a relatively common problem, it's interesting that it is popping up now. Also, with the settings from the link you posted will not allow the system to boot. I'm a total n00b when it comes to framebuffer patching so any help there would be awesome. Again, sorry about the latent response. Also uploaded photo of error and new config.plist.
Please try the attached config.plist. As you can see from this compilation, a configuration for your ASRock motherboard has been determined. The configuration has been copied to the attached file.

The "Error Allocating xxxxx Pages" is often resolved by using a different Aptio Memory Fix driver. However, please try the attached config file first. If this allocation error continues to occur, then try replacing "AptioMemoryFix-64" in your Drivers64UEFI folder with an alternative version such as:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 (from bullet 3 here)
  • OsxAptioFixDrv
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv
Use only 1 of these at a time. You may also use each of these with and without "slide=0" selected in Boot arguments of Clover Configurator. For many users of Gigabyte 370-series boards, the magical combination seems to be:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with "slide=0" checked on.
But this varies a lot between different brands. So your ASRock board may respond differently.

Attachments

• config-deathmetalscottie.plist
    13.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Please try the attached config.plist. As you can see from this compilation, a configuration for your ASRock motherboard has been determined. The configuration has been copied to the attached file.

The "Error Allocating xxxxx Pages" is often resolved by using a different Aptio Memory Fix driver. However, please try the attached config file first. If this allocation error continues to occur, then try replacing "AptioMemoryFix-64" in your Drivers64UEFI folder with an alternative version such as:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 (from bullet 3 here)
  • OsxAptioFixDrv
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv
Use only 1 of these at a time. You may also use each of these with and without "slide=0" selected in Boot arguments of Clover Configurator. For many users of Gigabyte 370-series boards, the magical combination seems to be:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with "slide=0" checked on.
But this varies a lot between different brands. So your ASRock board may respond differently.
Cool! When I get home tonight I will do this. Thanks.

Still no good. Still getting stuck at graphics firmware disabled via nvram

Attachments

• 20190212_232655.jpg
    20190212_232655.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 52
something else interesting that may be related. I checked Hackintool and it does not recognize the generation even though I have manually selected it. Bios settings perhaps?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.58.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.58.11 AM.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 80
I looked into the bios and at some point I changed the shared memory from 128mb to a gig. Didn't do anything and still won't boot with the config.plist that was posted in the link above. Still getting to this point and I'm not sure what the errors mean here.

Attachments

• 20190213_111808.jpg
    20190213_111808.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back