Contribute
Register

i5-8265U(Whiskey Lake),screen doesn't have back light

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you mind make this patch for me please. i'm still confused and got a lot of errors while compiling and don't know how to fix.
i attached my system DsDT using MacIASL
what are you trying to patch in there?

what are you trying to patch in there?
Thank you for fast replying. i want to patch brightens control. i have a whiskey lake 15-8265U UHD 620. finally i got a clover configuration to spoof whiskey lake as a coffee lake and got Intel UHD 620 GPU waking. but the brightens is 100% i cannot adjust or control. so i tried to get Rehab man patch working. but i couldn't add the patch.

Thank you for fast replying. i want to patch brightens control. i have a whiskey lake 15-8265U UHD 620. finally i got a clover configuration to spoof whiskey lake as a coffee lake and got Intel UHD 620 GPU waking. but the brightens is 100% i cannot adjust or control. so i tried to get Rehab man patch working. but i couldn't add the patch.
there are no errors in your DSDT

make sure you are using ACPI 6.2a in prefences-> iASL

and don't forget to only edit your DSDT.dsl file

Snip20190807_1.png

there are no errors in your DSDT

make sure you are using ACPI 6.2a in prefences-> iASL

and don't forget to only edit your DSDT.dsl file

View attachment 420736
I understand that to apply the patch of brightness i must open my DSDT with IASL, then i click the patch icon and choose the patch of Brightness fix from the left menu then save compiled DSDT.aml? or when i want to apply the last working brightness control fix for Rehabman, i must modify the existing brightness fix patch in the left menu list with the last attached one in the post #12 . Right? If no, Please tel me exactly the steps should i do please. thank you for your assistance and your time.

I understand that to apply the patch of brightness i must open my DSDT with IASL, then i click the patch icon and choose the patch of Brightness fix from the left menu then save compiled DSDT.aml? or when i want to apply the last working brightness control fix for Rehabman, i must modify the existing brightness fix patch in the left menu list with the last attached one in the post #12 . Right? If no, Please tel me exactly the steps should i do please. thank you for your assistance and your time.
you don't use brightness fix patch in DSDT

yes because. i upload the original DSDT. plz tell me am i walking right? the steps i described above.thank you
no, brightness fix in DSDT is no longer in use

so any alternative way to fix brightness control for whiskey lake 8265U?

so any alternative way to fix brightness control for whiskey lake 8265U?
if you mean brightness keys on your laptop to adjust brightness then:

look under Brightness Keys

i have no option to adjust brightness in system preferences/ Display while the mac read my intel GPU. is this need additional fix or just Brightness Keys fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back