Contribute
Register

i5-8265U(Whiskey Lake),screen doesn't have back light

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no option to adjust brightness in system preferences/ Display while the mac read my intel GPU. is this need additional fix or just Brightness Keys fix
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Thank you so much, it’s solved for me.

Thank you so much, it’s solved for me.

Happy for you !

However, can you share what solved it, please? So that others can benefit from your experience?

I’m out now. When I return to home i will give the way I used to solve the problem.

I have used the method of using IntelBacklight.kext + DSDT patching and it works for me. the method available in the links Feartech shared above.

I have got a new HP Probook 440G6.. and has the same processor, i5 8265u with UHD 620. I am able to install Mojave with the following guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719

But, I'm able to boot to newly installed system, but display blinks, it goes dark for 10-12 seconds and come back for half a second.

Clover config used:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/R...fig/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

With other configs, display does comes up.. but no acceleration :|. Not sure where to look further, any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello @sag_vivek , I have a laptop just like yours, maybe you could do me the favor of helping me with a copy of your EFI partition, I have had many problems with the video interface, constant kernel panic and reboot of the equipment.

I have used the method of using IntelBacklight.kext + DSDT patching and it works for me. the method available in the links Feartech shared above.

Hey! It would be really helpful if you can share your EFI with us. I am stuck on the exact same problem for the past one week with almost 50 different tries done so far, but no luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back