Contribute
Register

i3 Arrandale Power Management (or i think) Problems! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire 5742
CPU
Intel Core i3-370M
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Well, let me explain things.
I have a computer (Acer Aspire 5742g Without Nvidia) and a i3-380m arrandale cpu. Anyway, i'm having problems where it just freezes and the fan stops randomly. In another thread i complained about this and was told to generate c states and p states. I thought it had made it better but actually it had done nothing. I've also tried booting with DropSSDT=Yes but, yet agin it has no effect. I think this problem may have something to do with power management. Before you ask i have also installed the power management kext from unibeast. So really i'm stuck here.

PS: I also tried making a DSDT but that failed really badly (really bad).

Thanks in advance!

Well, let me explain things.
I have a computer (Acer Aspire 5742g Without Nvidia) and a i3-380m arrandale cpu. Anyway, i'm having problems where it just freezes and the fan stops randomly. In another thread i complained about this and was told to generate c states and p states. I thought it had made it better but actually it had done nothing. I've also tried booting with DropSSDT=Yes but, yet agin it has no effect. I think this problem may have something to do with power management. Before you ask i have also installed the power management kext from unibeast. So really i'm stuck here.

PS: I also tried making a DSDT but that failed really badly (really bad).

Thanks in advance!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

ok thanks so much for quick response here's my ioreg:View attachment 92560

MacPro3,1 is not really correct for a laptop. You might try MacBookPro8,x or MacBookPro6,x. Use everymac.com to compare specs of your computer against real Macs.

It could be a problem with gen1 Intel HD graphics. As you know significant hacks are required to get it to work, as it is not really supported. No Macs ever used it...

Alright, thank you. Just wondering this laptop can be upgraded to an i5-560m which recently i have been looking at. Could this be a possibility. (by the way it doesn't't matter about the procedure just if it would work).

Alright, thank you. Just wondering this laptop can be upgraded to an i5-560m which recently i have been looking at. Could this be a possibility. (by the way it doesn't't matter about the procedure just if it would work).

It would work the same as your i3, but faster. eg... maybe it will crash faster :)

Sorry for a late reply but I just noticed that one of the MacBook Pro 2010s use an arrandale CPU (i5-540m). Could it be worth while upgrading to this seeing as my pc supports it and it was in a mac?

Sorry for a late reply but I just noticed that one of the MacBook Pro 2010s use an arrandale CPU (i5-540m). Could it be worth while upgrading to this seeing as my pc supports it and it was in a mac?

Yes, there are MacBookPro's that use your CPU, but not the integrated graphics. They have dedicated nvidia chips for graphics.

So what is it at fault here causing my laptop to run so slow? Is it the inter grated graphics or the processor it's self?

So what is it at fault here causing my laptop to run so slow? Is it the inter grated graphics or the processor it's self?

I thought you had stability issues, not slowness...

But I'm not sure. I've never had experience with an older computer like yours, but realize that your hardware is not really supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back