Contribute
Register

i3-3240 HD 2500 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
im on intel i5 3470 which has intel hd 2500 graphics.
i have tried everything i have found but nothing works.
has no one found a solution for intel hd 2500??

Ashish

im on intel i5 3470 which has intel hd 2500 graphics.
i have tried everything i have found but nothing works.
has no one found a solution for intel hd 2500??

Ashish

Could you be a little more specific about your motherboard and other hardware and what installation method you used and also where exactly are you getting stuck?

Could you be a little more specific about your motherboard and other hardware and what installation method you used and also where exactly are you getting stuck?

Im using ASrock Extereme z77 motherboard.

I have tried using Device IDs
i have set the memory on BIOS 32 mb
i have tried patching DSDT from PJALM's repo
i have tried using chimera's latest version as it has built in support for intel HD 2500
used chemeleon latest version as well.
but never tried clover boot.

I get full resolution but no QE CI what so ever.
sometime i get graphic glitch on left corner of screen.

no idea whats wrong with it
PS: my processer is intel i5 3470 with intel HD 2500

Ashish

Im using ASrock Extereme z77 motherboard.

I have tried using Device IDs
i have set the memory on BIOS 32 mb
i have tried patching DSDT from PJALM's repo
i have tried using chimera's latest version as it has built in support for intel HD 2500
used chemeleon latest version as well.
but never tried clover boot.

I get full resolution but no QE CI what so ever.
sometime i get graphic glitch on left corner of screen.

no idea whats wrong with it
PS: my processer is intel i5 3470 with intel HD 2500

Ashish

Mavericks or ML? If on ML you have to update to 10.8.3+ (I'm running 10.8.5) and then try the patched DSDT and latest Chimera. If you're on Mavericks, you might have to either wait (probably a long time) for a solution or you can just get a graphics card.

I got a similar graphics issue on Mavericks and I've tried everything but I couldn't get the system to boot without -x. I haven't found any working solutions yet. If you get it working on Mavs, please post a how-to! TIA and GL to you!

P.S. My rig has good QE/CI with 10.8.5 and latest Chimera! I didn't use a DSDT. I get 1080p resolution.

Not sure if it helps but I made a little progress with my Mavericks system (H77N-Wifi MB + i3-3220 CPU, monitor plugged into the DVI port) by deleting the AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

Prior to that I could not boot into the system without the -x boot option - I would get to a black screen with artifacts in the top left corner and a working mouse pointer.

About this Mac now shows HD 2500 Graphics with 1024mb, Device ID 0x0166, Revision ID 0x0009.

I am not sure whether graphics are operating at their best level as dragging windows around the desktop shows a little distortion but it is not a dealbreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back