Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

I'm running 10.8.4 on a Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H (rev 1.1 with F9 BIOS) board with an i3-3240 with HD 2500 graphics. The system has 8GB of DDR3-1600 RAM and I'm booting from a 120GB Toshiba SSD. For the most part the build has been successful... apart from enabling the HD2500. I'm using a DVI monitor and I'm aware of the lack of VGA not an issue.

Without any DSDT, I can boot and get 1024x768 video just fine.

VFWdlQu.png

I've tried using MaciASL + pjalm's repos for the correct Gigabyte patches and the HD 2500 patches. Changing the DSDT I can boot in safe mode (-x) and OS X recognises the HD 2500 and changes to the correct resolution (plus recognises my monitor model correctly)

KHZFfMK.jpg

jN8Qe9I.png

I've also tried changing the EFI parameters in org.chameleon.Boot.plist as per this thread.

I've tried both with custom-DSDT and with just the EFI params in the chameleon bootloader. Both of these methods boot fine using -x but when booting normally with either setting I get the following on my display after the Apple logo and spinner:

cMhbR9w.jpg

While SSHing into the machine and checking system.log I can see lots of these:

Code:
stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x21 on MAIN ring: called from sleepForTimeStamp timestamp = 0x0008
GPU hang: 
Trying restart GPU ...
MAIN ring is NOT waiting on an event
stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x49 on MAIN ring: called from sleepForTimeStamp
 timestamp = 0x0030
GPU hang: 
Trying restart GPU ...

Any ideas? I've tried 32M, 64M, 96M, 256M for IGPU memory in the BIOS and nothing changes. I'd rather not purchase a separate GPU as this machine is only a fileserver/media PC.

Attached are original board DSDT, patched DSDT, chameleon boot & smbios files. Any help appreciated :(

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• bootplist_smbios_dsdt.zip
    43.5 KB · Views: 331
Hey! I am also using an Intel HD 2500 graphics card (with an Intel Core i3-3220T) and I can boot to Mac OS X without the -x parameter! :) I installed Mac OS X 10.8.4 with UniBeast and then I used the settings from nobodynose's Build (screenshot). After that I added the following in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

This was everything I did. Maybe this helps you too? The only problem I have now is that my HD 2500 is recognized with only 64 MB RAM so that I get some ugly artifacts if I want to do graphic intense stuff. But maybe you can tell me how to tell Mac OS X to use 512 MB?

Hey! I am also using an Intel HD 2500 graphics card (with an Intel Core i3-3220T) and I can boot to Mac OS X without the -x parameter! :) I installed Mac OS X 10.8.4 with UniBeast and then I used the settings from nobodynose's Build (screenshot). After that I added the following in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

This was everything I did. Maybe this helps you too? The only problem I have now is that my HD 2500 is recognized with only 64 MB RAM so that I get some ugly artifacts if I want to do graphic intense stuff. But maybe you can tell me how to tell Mac OS X to use 512 MB?

I did that and loaded with display. But problem is there is no QE/CI now. It is loading as like it is working for safe mode. Are you able to play any video at youtube ?

Was this issue ever resolved?

I am experiencing the same issue with an i3-3240 CPU and HD 2500. My system boots to the same black screen with garbled grey pixels in the top left corner.

I am running the latest Chimera 2.2 which is too support the HD 2500. The system does identify the graphics as HD 2500 but I can only boot to safe mode and have a proper looking display.

Thank you in advance

Was this issue ever resolved?

I am experiencing the same issue with an i3-3240 CPU and HD 2500. My system boots to the same black screen with garbled grey pixels in the top left corner.

I solved it with buying an Sapphire HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 Ultimate. :D
Because we also found no solution in this thread: Intel HD2500 Full Resolution and QE/CI

However, in the meantime there was a Chimera update (v2.2) with Intel HD 2500 support (News). Maybe that works? But I would not be too optimistic.

While SSHing into the machine and checking system.log I can see lots of these:

Code:
stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x21 on MAIN ring: called from sleepForTimeStamp timestamp = 0x0008
GPU hang: 
Trying restart GPU ...
stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x49 on MAIN ring: called from sleepForTimeStamp
 timestamp = 0x0030
GPU hang: 
Trying restart GPU ...

Any ideas? I've tried 32M, 64M, 96M, 256M for IGPU memory in the BIOS and nothing changes. I'd rather not purchase a separate GPU as this machine is only a fileserver/media PC.

Attached are original board DSDT, patched DSDT, chameleon boot & smbios files. Any help appreciated :(

Thanks in advance :)

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried different enabling methods: DSDT edits, EFI string injection, new Chimera IGPEnabler, they all enable my device correctly. But everytime after boot the same error. Only solution I've found is removing AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext, but it's not really a solution...

EDIT
I switched to Clover - didn't help. I even installed 10.9 Maverics! Still same problem (only instead of black screen it's colorful noise with gray in left corner)

It must by hardware related then. Or maybe some bios setting?

Any resolution to this? I'm facing the exact same issue.

I had a similar problem, but fixed it by:

Disabling PCI Graphics (even though I didn't have one installed).
Changing memory sharing to 32MB.
(Mac Mini thing didn't and doesn't change anything; you can use mac pro if you want)
Use HDMI

I also used an old version of chimera, the one from back in April/June to install Mac as that's when I had my chance to create a bootable USB. Haven't tried the new one so I can't comment.

Can you disable VT-D in your BIOS? My motherboard or CPU isn't compatible with it (Using a 3220) so I had no option to disable or enable it.

Other than that, I don't know how else to help.

I have the same issue. Try a lot of things and nothing works. Only without QE/CI.

Any updates?

The 2.2.1 Chimera doesn't solve the problem with noise on boot. Tried every IGPlatformID available. Is there a chance someone could fix the drivers or is it a CPU video fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back