1. 0
Hello all, this is my current configuration:

Processor : i3 3220
motherboard: gigabyte b75m-d2v
ram : corsair 4gb 1600mhz
graphics : none (intel hd 2500)
supply : cooler master 420w
hdd : WD 500gb 5400rpm

Im currently using mountain lion on virtual box. I mainly use this for trying out some xcode projects. But the usage experience i get is not that great. I know it is mainly because of my hardware.

Im planning to install os-x mountain lion (mavericks preffered) on this build along side my windows and ubuntu os. The 2 necessary hardware upgrades that im planning for are buy one more 4gb ram module and a graphics card (preference : gtx 750 ti).

I will be mostly be using this or xcode programming and web browsing. Please suggest me if this build will work fine for me and will this be able to handle mavericks.

Other optional upgrades on my mind:
SSD : transcend 120 gb SSD.
Graphics : any other graphics card in the price range of gtx 750 ti

Thanks.

Hello all, this is my current configuration:

Processor : i3 3220
motherboard: gigabyte b75m-d2v
ram : corsair 4gb 1600mhz
graphics : none (intel hd 2500)
supply : cooler master 420w
hdd : WD 500gb 5400rpm

Im currently using mountain lion on virtual box. I mainly use this for trying out some xcode projects. But the usage experience i get is not that great. I know it is mainly because of my hardware.

Im planning to install os-x mountain lion (mavericks preffered) on this build along side my windows and ubuntu os. The 2 necessary hardware upgrades that im planning for are buy one more 4gb ram module and a graphics card (preference : gtx 750 ti).

I will be mostly be using this or xcode programming and web browsing. Please suggest me if this build will work fine for me and will this be able to handle mavericks.

Other optional upgrades on my mind:
SSD : transcend 120 gb SSD.
Graphics : any other graphics card in the price range of gtx 750 ti

Thanks.

The second memory stick is a good idea.

The 750/750Ti are not supported in OSX right now, as they are the newer Maxwell cards. You should consider an alternative if you need a build now; at the top of the page you will see a link to the Buyers Guide which lists some alternatives which are known to work.

The second memory stick is a good idea.

The 750/750Ti are not supported in OSX right now, as they are the newer Maxwell cards. You should consider an alternative if you need a build now; at the top of the page you will see a link to the Buyers Guide which lists some alternatives which are known to work.

If I completely ignore the graphics card and ssd, will my build be able to handle mountain lion if not mavericks atleast. Can i depend on the intel hd 2500. Do rest of my components look good?

The problem with my current virtual box setup is that the peformance is not that good. I get flickering when there are sudden movements on the screen. In short I cannot use this for xcode, as I have to handle the system to carefully.

The buying guides seem to be mentioning the latest CPUs only

If I completely ignore the graphics card and ssd, will my build be able to handle mountain lion if not mavericks atleast. Can i depend on the intel hd 2500. Do rest of my components look good?

The problem with my current virtual box setup is that the peformance is not that good. I get flickering when there are sudden movements on the screen. In short I cannot use this for xcode, as I have to handle the system to carefully.

The buying guides seem to be mentioning the latest CPUs only

Your build should be ok, although you wont be getting ground-breaking performance.

HD2500 and Mavericks is not a great combination either. Have a search on the forums for that combination and you will see. I think a discrete GPU is what you should probably look for, together with a second matching ram stick.

You could opt for a 6xx series graphics card which shouldnt break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back