Contribute
Register

i want to install mac os lion on HP ProBook 4540s

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's done
now I have 10.6.8
i want to ask you about lion 7 is supported in 4540s ?

It's done
now I have 10.6.8
i want to ask you about lion 7 is supported in 4540s ?

Are you asking about 10.7.x on 4540s? It is not supported by the ProBook Installer, and you can't purchase Lion from the Mac App Store anyway.

ML 10.8.4 is your best option as it is directly supported by the ProBook Installer.

Problem is the network snow lopard is not working and I want to install lion with network kext so I can download the ML in apple website

Is there any idea to make the network in snow working ?

Problem is the network snow lopard is not working and I want to install lion with network kext so I can download the ML in apple website

Is there any idea to make the network in snow working ?

Did you try RealtekRTL8111.kext and wired ethernet? It should work if you follow the installation instructions. That kext is used by ProBook Installer v6.1 for SL (same kext for SL, Lion, ML). I use it all the time on SL and it works.

Are you sure that works in 4540s snow lopord ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,000 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007 KB · Views: 215
Are you sure that works in 4540s snow lopord ?

It works on 4530s SL for sure. And it works on 4540s ML. Did you follow all install instructions?

What is the output of the following:

Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

I don't know about 4540s as I don't have one. Most people trying to install ML on 4540s just use a Mac/hack to purchase ML (borrow, or already own...)

If you're still booting w/ iBoot, you may be loading kexts from /Extra/Extensions.mkext. Are you booting from HDD or from iBoot?

It works on 4530s SL for sure. And it works on 4540s ML. Did you follow all install instructions?

What is the output of the following:

Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

I don't know about 4540s as I don't have one. Most people trying to install ML on 4540s just use a Mac/hack to purchase ML (borrow, or already own...)

If you're still booting w/ iBoot, you may be loading kexts from /Extra/Extensions.mkext. Are you booting from HDD or from iBoot?

thanks bro for your help
now i have 3 system in my Laptop
snow lopoard
Mac lion 7
Mountain lion

but i have problem in Mountain Lion when the installation finshied
i try ti boot via unibeast but dosnot work
when i boot via unibeast with GraphicsEnabler=no -r -f is booting great without any problem and when i download probook installer i did not find ML VERSION 10.8 in the list so i did not install anything

can you tell me what i have to do ?

thanks bro for your help
now i have 3 system in my Laptop
snow lopoard
Mac lion 7
Mountain lion

but i have problem in Mountain Lion when the installation finshied
i try ti boot via unibeast but dosnot work
when i boot via unibeast with GraphicsEnabler=no -r -f is booting great without any problem and when i download probook installer i did not find ML VERSION 10.8 in the list so i did not install anything

can you tell me what i have to do ?

Where did you get ML 10.8? The only version sold in Mac App Store is (currently) 10.8.4...

Via t*****t i cant buy it bicouse network is not working

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back