Contribute
Register

i posted this a while ago but got no replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any experience with your particular motherboard, but I had similar issues with my own build (it mostly ended up being user error or known compatibility issues).

Does your computer boot in safe mode (hit any key at the Chimera screen, type '-x' and then hit 'enter')? If so, it's probably an issue with one of the kexts that's loading. If not, there's probably something more fundamentally wrong.

Some additional information would also be helpful:

1)What settings are in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file? (if you can get to the desktop in safe mode, copy and paste in your response the text in that file).

2)What kind of display are you using and which video port are you using? I ask because a big part of my problem was that I was trying to use a VGA monitor and integrated graphics, which is a non-starter (literally) with my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UD5H).

Did you try booting into safe mode? Based on your other post it sounds like you're at least getting to the point where OS X is trying to load (and loaded completely when using Unibeast); that suggests your hardware isn't broken (which is good).

You could also try booting into verbose mode (type -v at the Chimera screen), which will let you see a text-version of the boot process and can help you figure out where in the boot process things are going wrong. Do that and post in your reply what the last couple of lines are (for a while mine froze at something having to do with airport and a handshake.

You probably do not need the nvidia drivers.
Notice the box for them says only if needed.
Graphics enabler = No is what you need.
Multibeast defaults to yes.

Look at DJFreak's build. It is the same as yours.
There are several threads on your video card.

Check on whether trim is needed or not for your SSD.

With Multibeast only use one option at a time.
Read info boxes on Multibeast.
Try booting verbose. It may show you what is causing hang.
Depending on your memory of what you have done you can try removing conflicting kexts.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but remove the graphic card and use the on board graphics, at first.

Next, boot in using -v -x PCIRootUID=0. See where it stops and take a picture. It will stop in places which make no sense, but usually something has been triggered further up the page to stop the boot.

Often enough, if using safe mode doesn't get you in, then you have some BIOS setting preventing it. There are plenty of explanations of the proper settings, but I usually start by pressing F7 or whatever function key will get you an optimized build. The wrong settings can be causing you problems. The proper ones are HPET=enabled, VT-d=disabled, Wake on LAN=disabled, xHCI=auto, Init First Display= IGFX. But, As I said, there are instructions on this elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back