Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Maxsun H110ZL
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8GB
So I've Managed to install MacOS High Sierra through clover, but I'm having this problem where the gpu has only 7 MB of Vram, and the animation is terrible, probably due to the limitation of the Vram, here's a picture of the report. Your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.05.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.05.41 PM.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.08.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.08.52 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
So I've Managed to install MacOS High Sierra through clover, but I'm having this problem where the gnu has only 7 MB of Vram, and the animation is terrible, probably due to the limitation of the Vram, here's a picture of the report. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you for your reply, but I've already copied lilu and whatevergreen kexts into efi, I've restarted my machine and nothing happened. I'm sorry but I'm very new to hackintosh in general, I followed instructions clearly and still...

Thank you for your reply, but I've already copied lilu and whatevergreen kexts into efi, I've restarted my machine and nothing happened. I'm sorry but I'm very new to hackintosh in general, I followed instructions clearly and still...

Did you put Lilu and WEG into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other? That's where they should be.

In your config file.... do you have ANY graphics injection or patches applied? If so, they should all be removed.

Also, you can put Lilu and WEG into your /Library/Extensions folder as well as in your EFI...

There are different opinions as to where to put 3rd part kext files. Either in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or in /Library/Extensions. Personally I only keep FakeSMC and my Ethernet kexts in EFI. All others are installed in /Library/Extensions. BUT! If you are using VirtualSMC INSTEAD of FakeSMC, THEN you must have Lilu AND VirtualSMC in your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other because VirtualSMC is a plugin for Lilu and therefore requires Lilu be present in order for VirtualSMC to work.

But again, there are different opinions about this, and both methods work.

If the kexts are installed in /Library/Extensions, then they are, don't quote me as I'm sure I'm not saying this right... they are in the Mac OS Protected memory. But if they are in EFI, they are not in Mac OS protected memory... Not sure what the advantages/disadvantages this difference creates, but it seems to be the point in the differences in opinion.

Kexts can also exist in BOTH places without issue if you set your config file to Kext Injection: DETECT; which I believe is located under the System Parameters menu in Clover Configurator.

IMPORTANT: if you are going to install kexts into your /Library/Extensions folder, you MUST install them properly or you can really screw things up. Personally I use a free app called Hackintool... This is a great app to have in your toolbox, as it does a few very cool and helpful things including properly installing kexts with ease. Here is a link to download it, and instructions on how to install 3rd Party Kexts the correct way.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

See Step 6 - Hackintool Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back