i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630 + Radeon Pro WX4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey!
I have trouble activating my celemony melodyne license on my Hackintosh. No help from the support for self made macs, so I thought you could maybe help me to find a solution. It actually worked well on my main machine but not on my second one which I use as audio workstation. Normally the process is like this: The software asks for activating and forewards the user to an activation website. The user logs in and klicks on "activate this computer" then a .license file will be written at the user/library folder. My problem is that the website says "thank you... all good" but no license file is written and the software just stays in demo mode. I think eather something prevents the website to write in the library folder, or there is some problem with the system identification. I already tried with a new user account and with a different computer name. The High Sierra installation is just new. What else could I try to come closer to the problem? The machine runs on High Sierra...

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey!
I have trouble activating my celemony melodyne license on my Hackintosh. No help from the support for self made macs, so I thought you could maybe help me to find a solution. It actually worked well on my main machine but not on my second one which I use as audio workstation. Normally the process is like this: The software asks for activating and forewards the user to an activation website. The user logs in and klicks on "activate this computer" then a .license file will be written at the user/library folder. My problem is that the website says "thank you... all good" but no license file is written and the software just stays in demo mode. I think eather something prevents the website to write in the library folder, or there is some problem with the system identification. I already tried with a new user account and with a different computer name. The High Sierra installation is just new. What else could I try to come closer to the problem? The machine runs on High Sierra...

Thank you!

Hi there.

Try a Spotlight Search for ".license" to see if it got put in the wrong place.

Check your User folder is not write-only and properly read-write.

Do you have a dual-boot PC? As the software is available on macOS and Windows maybe the activation is getting confused?

:)

spotlight doesn´t find any .license file, but manually I can find one at users/shared/library/application support/celemony/... so actually it seems that a license file has been written. So a hardware identification issue?

spotlight doesn´t find any .license file, but manually I can find one at users/shared/library/application support/celemony/... so actually it seems that a license file has been written. So a hardware identification issue?

Were you able to solve this issue? I seem to be having the same problem although I'm using Mojave

Were you able to solve this issue? I seem to be having the same problem although I'm using Mojave
Yes! In my case the problem was that the onboard audio has not been working with my configuration. As soon as I got the onboard sound to work, Melodyne accepted the registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back