intel HD graphic with ATI mobility radeon premium graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
I've been trying to install OS X El Capitan on my computer and it hasn't been working. I can boot from the USB and it loads up the clover thing with the drive selection. When I select the OS X install, it goes black then shows an apple logo with no bar, than an apple logo with a loading bar but it never moves. Any suggestions?

intel core i3 clocked at 2.40 GHz
4 GB RAM (3.8 usable?)
64 bit
intel HD graphics
ATI Mobility Premium Graphics with 1 GB VRAM
No idea what the mobo is on this thing

Its a pretty old laptop. I bought it from a guy who was moving and said he didn't want it anymore. Is installing it even possible in any way?
Thanks,
Nate

P.S. If pictures of what happens when I do certain things would help please just ask.

Hey guys,
I've been trying to install OS X El Capitan on my computer and it hasn't been working. I can boot from the USB and it loads up the clover thing with the drive selection. When I select the OS X install, it goes black then shows an apple logo with no bar, than an apple logo with a loading bar but it never moves. Any suggestions?

intel core i3 clocked at 2.40 GHz
4 GB RAM (3.8 usable?)
64 bit
intel HD graphics
ATI Mobility Premium Graphics with 1 GB VRAM
No idea what the mobo is on this thing

Its a pretty old laptop. I bought it from a guy who was moving and said he didn't want it anymore. Is installing it even possible in any way?
Thanks,
Nate

P.S. If pictures of what happens when I do certain things would help please just ask.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Use BaseBinaries method so you can delete the intel graphics kexts.

Then: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

I tried the second method you linked, however when I loaded the USB from clover, showed apple logo again then the apple logo with the bar that wouldn't move. My computer is the HP Pavilion dv6 3xxx. AS far as I'm concerned its compatible? I didn't do anything with the ATI graphics card. Does that have something to do with it?
Thanks,
Nate

I tried the second method you linked, however when I loaded the USB from clover, showed apple logo again then the apple logo with the bar that wouldn't move. My computer is the HP Pavilion dv6 3xxx. AS far as I'm concerned its compatible? I didn't do anything with the ATI graphics card. Does that have something to do with it?
Thanks,
Nate

Did you remove the Intel graphics kexts?

Yeah I removed one Kext called "IntelGraphicsHD.kext" there were a few letters after HD I can't remember what they were but I did delete it

Yeah I removed one Kext called "IntelGraphicsHD.kext" there were a few letters after HD I can't remember what they were but I did delete it

Make sure you read the 1st gen guide so you know which kexts you need to delete.

Where can I find this guide

Is it the first link? If so, which part of the guide? It's a super long guide and I don't know where to start. This is all new to me so I'm not very knowledgable about any of it.
thanks
nate

So my system is specifically an HP Pavilion dv6-3143us, intel core i3 @2.4 ghz, intel hd graphics, ati mobility radeon premium graphics, 4 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong after reading those guides. I followed the second guide except i skipped the part where it says disable my intel hd graphics or my ati graphics because i don't know how to do it. Will this make a difference in it working or not? Are there any other kexts to delete? do i need to set specific boot options? please all i want is helping getting it going initially. I've been trying to get this to work for a while but don't know what to do. I didn't see anything in the first link regarding my computer to delete anything or do anything. what is there to do to make this work?
thanks in advance,
nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back