Contribute
Register

I just Installed High Sierra, next move

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I will try to install Sierra 10.12.6, Is there any guide I can follow?

I guess I'll need another version of unibeast, and other kext.

Sierra is compatible with 8700k?

I will try to do everything with the other discs disconnected, but I need to do it in the intel rapid storage mode so that it continues to work optane on the disk with windows.

It would be much simpler and wiser to just get the graphics card and go with High Sierra. With the 550 Ti you will be stuck on Sierra for the life of that system. If cost is an issue get an affordable GT 710 and it will work.

My question is if all the other shutdown errors are due to the graph, what I dont want is to spend money without knowing for sure if it will be the solution.

The basic guide for example did not work for me, I had to take the efi folder of another user to install high sierra, without knowing if it would be the correct settings.

My question is if all the other shutdown errors are due to the graph, what I dont want is to spend money without knowing for sure if it will be the solution.

The kernel panics you had were due to incompatible graphics. Using another EFI folder may have helped you install but it is not a solution for unsupported graphics. Get a graphic card that works and you can install with the basic guide. Of course you must make correct BIOS changes first before you try to install. Follow a User Build guide for that Z370 Ultra gaming board for the specifics you'll need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back