Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus z370 UltraGaming 2.0 OP
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 550 TI
After many problems, I have managed to install high sierra on my computer, now I would like to continue with the post installation, but I already tried it before with multibeast and I was unable to boot from the usb, or the ssd.

I am very new to this and I do not understand most concepts, besides my main language is not English.

I would appreciate any possible and detailed help.

Thanks.

Other post that I have been creating throughout the process (may contain something relevant):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvme-ssd-and-intel-rapid-storage-bios-mode.257660/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/stuck-on-black-screen-with-apple-logo.258046/#post-1792371

My PC: Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 OP
GTX 550 TI

I have managed to boot high sierra without the usb, copying the efi folder from the bootable usb to the partition efi of the ssd.

Now I'm trying to fix the audio and make it recognize the 550 ti.
Should I run multibeast now?

Yes, select the correct audio choices based on your board's codec. Then reboot and test.

Should I check any of these boxes?

Inject NVIDIA
NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
Nvidia Graphics Fixup

I have a GTX 550 ti

The 550 Ti is from 2011 so yes, I would try Inject Nvidia. Whether it needs the web drivers or not I can't say.
Use the site search function to find out. From what I've seen, the 550 Ti works better with Sierra than High Sierra.

I tried inject, i tried webdrivers, tried multibeast, efi folders from users... ,
Whenever I turn off letters appear on a black background, whenever i restart the same happens.

when i shutdown.jpg

The screen shows on 1280x1024 only.
resolution problem.jpggraphic at starts.jpg

When iboot i see a loot of harddrives, when i only have 3, 1hdd for win, 1hdd for data, 1 ssd for mac.
boot.jpg
I install ALC 1220audiodrive with multibeast, still dont work.

And when I select the imac disk to start, it comes to the boot but before many letters appear

I'm going to upload screenshots and my efi folder, to see if someone can help me

Attachments

• my efi files.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
As I said before, High Sierra does not work well with the 550 Ti. You have two other options. Download Sierra from the Mac App Store and install that or upgrade to a newer graphics card like the GTX 1050. You would need the nvidia drivers with that but won't need to inject Nvidia. Another tip, always disconnect your Windows drive while you are installing/setting up macOS.

if I bought a new graphic? everything would be fine?

I just want to be able to get to work, and I do not want to go back to windows after so many years :(

if I bought a new graphic? everything would be fine?

I just want to be able to get to work, and I do not want to go back to windows after so many years :(

Are you able to buy an MSI RX560 card ? If so those work OOB with no drivers to install. Best low budget choice for High Sierra.
Sapphire is another good brand for AMD cards. Avoid the XFX brand RX560 as the bios is not compatible with macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back