Graphics
Intel HD4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First off, I'd like to say this is a really cool website. I have some time off of work, and I am interested in getting Mac OS X running on this fixer-up Lenovo that I was given as a Christmas gift. I was given this computer by my stepbrother because he was having issues with it. He had since gotten a new computer, so he gave it to me. All it needed was a clean install and now I have this really nice machine :)

So from the research I have done, it appears that this Lenovo is capable with the exception of the Intel Centrino wifi card.

I was wondering with what I have, can I get Mac OS X on this lenovo? The Mac I have is only capable of running 10.6.8 since it is one of the older 32-bit intels. I can't download Yosemite from the app store of course. It says my machine is not compatible. The latest version of Unibeast won't run on the machine either :( I downloaded older versions of Unibeast and version 3 will run on my Mac. It has the options of installing Mac OS X 10.7-10.9. None of those are downloadable either through the app store. I haven't read anything yet about installing 10.6 on this lenovo. I suspect that the hardware is too new, but honestly I don't know. I do still have my 10.6 disks.

My next question is since the wifi card is not compatible, can I use my alfa wifi dongle? they have drivers for mac.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thread moved from Yosemite Desktop Support

sorry about that. my bad.

First off, I'd like to say this is a really cool website. I have some time off of work, and I am interested in getting Mac OS X running on this fixer-up Lenovo that I was given as a Christmas gift. I was given this computer by my stepbrother because he was having issues with it. He had since gotten a new computer, so he gave it to me. All it needed was a clean install and now I have this really nice machine :)

So from the research I have done, it appears that this Lenovo is capable with the exception of the Intel Centrino wifi card.

I was wondering with what I have, can I get Mac OS X on this lenovo? The Mac I have is only capable of running 10.6.8 since it is one of the older 32-bit intels. I can't download Yosemite from the app store of course. It says my machine is not compatible. The latest version of Unibeast won't run on the machine either :( I downloaded older versions of Unibeast and version 3 will run on my Mac. It has the options of installing Mac OS X 10.7-10.9. None of those are downloadable either through the app store. I haven't read anything yet about installing 10.6 on this lenovo. I suspect that the hardware is too new, but honestly I don't know. I do still have my 10.6 disks.

My next question is since the wifi card is not compatible, can I use my alfa wifi dongle? they have drivers for mac.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

System:
Lenovo 68852BU ThinkPad Edge e531

CPU:
i5-3230M Ivy Bridge Rev. 09/HM77 Rev. 04

Graphics:
Intel HD4000, 1366x768

Other Hardware:
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
PNY 120 GB SSD

Geekbench:

Last edited:

It is easier if you can borrow a Mac capable of downloading Yosemite.

If you can't, you'll need to purchase a Snow Leopard DVD from Apple, and install it first, using it to download Yosemite from the Mac App Store and build your installer USB.

So right now I am following the guide for 10.6. I have burned a disk with iboot ivy bridge on it. I go to put the machine and I am getting a kernel panic.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x55f81d): "Unable to find driver for this platform: "\ACPI\".\n"@/usr/local/src/xnu-1504.15.3/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1385

So right now I am following the guide for 10.6. I have burned a disk with iboot ivy bridge on it. I go to put the machine and I am getting a kernel panic.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x55f81d): "Unable to find driver for this platform: "\ACPI\".\n"@/usr/local/src/xnu-1504.15.3/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1385

Try with DropSSDT=Yes.

Did you purchase a Snow Leopard DVD from Apple?

I am getting this error when I boot the iboot disk. I haven't even gotten to putting in the snow leopard disk. I found a copy of snow leopard digging through my old CD notebook.

I am getting this error when I boot the iboot disk. I haven't even gotten to putting in the snow leopard disk. I found a copy of snow leopard digging through my old CD notebook.

The copy of Snow Leopard must be a retail copy. The one you may have received with a Mac is not a retail copy.

Read post #8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back