Contribute
Register

I got Hackintosh running on GA-P55A-UD3 - thanks Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
stevek said:
I checked the PCH SATA Control Mode AND GSATA Ctrl Mode and they are both set to AHCI but still no luck. Any other ideas? The retail disk I am using is 10.6.3 and I have tried iBoot Nvidia and iBoot Supported with and without safe mode. Thanks for any help you can provide.
The issue is most likely your video card. Try booting using -x.

I tried booting using -x and it's doing the same thing. Are there any other options aside from buying a new video card?

stevek said:
I tried booting using -x and it's doing the same thing. Are there any other options aside from buying a new video card?
None that I can think of.

Thanks again for your help. I think you are right about the video card causing the problem. I'll probably put my Nvidia Quadro FX up for sale on Ebay so it's not a total loss and look for a replacement that will work.

How do you like the PNY XLR8 GeForce 9800 GT EE 512MB? Or do you have any other recommendations?

stevek said:
Thanks again for your help. I think you are right about the video card causing the problem. I'll probably put my Nvidia Quadro FX up for sale on Ebay so it's not a total loss and look for a replacement that will work.

How do you like the PNY XLR8 GeForce 9800 GT EE 512MB? Or do you have any other recommendations?
That card works great but is hard to find now, as it's been replaced by a 1GB model.

steve, did you test 10.6.0 DVD installation version instead of 10.6.3 ?

I have the same mother as you and i remember that i was having problems when i was trying to install my osx86 with the v10.6.3. Then i tried 10.6.0 dvd and, appart of other things it worked, it booted.

So i don't know if it really has to do with the dvd version.

Other thing: try to reset your bios and configure it again... Just set SATA mode to AHCI and HPET to 64bits, nothing more, and try again.

Saludos!
Sergio.

I picked up an XFX Radeon HD 5770 tonight to try using instead of my Nvidia Quadro. This card got me even less far. About a minute or so after inserting the retail DVD, the whole system shuts down. I tried with -x too with the same result so I decided to go back to the Nvidia Quadro for now.

I would like try what Sergio suggested and install using 10.6.0. Does anyone know where I can get this version. Looks like everyone is selling 10.6.3 which is what I have.

stevek said:
I picked up an XFX Radeon HD 5770 tonight to try using instead of my Nvidia Quadro. This card got me even less far. About a minute or so after inserting the retail DVD, the whole system shuts down. I tried with -x too with the same result so I decided to go back to the Nvidia Quadro for now.

I would like try what Sergio suggested and install using 10.6.0. Does anyone know where I can get this version. Looks like everyone is selling 10.6.3 which is what I have.
Are you using the latest iBoot ATI?

The first attempt that crashed completely, I was using iBoot Supported.
I tried using iBoot ATI, i believe it's the latest version. (I got it here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/iBoot)
That got me to the same white Apple screen as the first video card but gave me the same error and would not proceed. Do you have any other thoughts?

stevek said:
The first attempt that crashed completely, I was using iBoot Supported.
I tried using iBoot ATI, i believe it's the latest version. (I got it here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/iBoot)
That got me to the same white Apple screen as the first video card but gave me the same error and would not proceed. Do you have any other thoughts?

what about running with -v (verbose) switch? you may get an idea how far into the boot prcs prior to the lock-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back